speed

S

sk8freak8989

would there be a big difference in speed between a 24'' wheel and a 26'' wheel.

thanks

I wondering about the same thing, specifically could you get greater torque by using a 24, better climbing power as opposed to speed, i.e. 24 in wheel with a 36T sprocket comparable to a 26 with a 44T. any experience out there with 24's?

wheels

i have 2 motored bikes with 24" rear wheels. one has a 44 tooth sprocket.
It runs the same speed as it did with a 26" wheel and a 48 tooth.

my other 24" has a 48 tooth on it. I like the low end power for take off.
Both bikes ride nice & low.
Dave

well i am deciding between puting the motor on a schwinn sting ray or just a beach cruiser. would the sting ray be any slower or have more torque.

hi ive built 3 stingrays and would go with the beach cruzers myself the stingrays you need a kit motormounts and extra ehaust pipe the motormount you have to drill the frame on one and the other on ebay uses brackets you also have to use a 44 tooth sprocket to get the chain past the brake caliper the ones that you drill into the frame vibrate lots so you wont be going real fast there ok for putting around they just look cool for planing down the road i would go with the 26 inch beach cruzers that way the kit will bolt on and you dont have alll the hassels
141_IMAGE_00043_1.jpg

besides the stingrays are 20 inch rear tire not 24 unless they came out with a new version all this is just my opinion besides there just to me isnt enough room on them your knees hit the handlebars and if you put apes on them then you have to push them way foward and just dont look right to me . and they usually only come with the rear brake no fronts except in a few versions with front and rear larry ca

Back