Speedometer cable broke

peter nap

Local time
8:29 PM
I've seen this discussed here before (Cable breaking). Is this going to be a routine item that has to be replaced fairly often?

I have been a Whizzer dealer for several years [1st in NC] and never sold or replaced a speedo cable before. The only time a cable was sold was with a new speedometer.

Have fun,
Whizzer OuterBanks,
Quenton

I have been a Whizzer dealer for several years [1st in NC] and never sold or replaced a speedo cable before. The only time a cable was sold was with a new speedometer.

Have fun,
Whizzer OuterBanks,
Quenton

Thanks Quenton. I like to get a few spares of parts I know will need to be replaced on a regular basis.

Just an interesting side note...I always carry a stack of my dealers cards because I always get asked where to get them.
Today I was at the hospital all day because I got a new grandson this morning.

I suppose the oil prices today and the report Morgan Stanly released, scared people, I handed out the last 20 cards I had and still had more people ask. If it's not a good summer for anyone else, Whizzer should do well.

Peter, my cable broke at 92 miles on the Whizzer when I got her a few months ago. She is 2007 NE5 and it was a warranty replacement. It snapped/sheared about three inches from the speedo.

Once it was replaced I never had another issue and I have almost 700 miles on her now.

Regards,

Matthew

Back