Speedometer issues

OMG... I was about to ask my daughter about this, rather than retype the instructions I took a picture. It wasn't until I saw the photo on my nice big computer that I even SAW the ruler in the instructions. I attached it. Top to bottom, multiply by pi. I swear I didn't notice that line was a ruler. Darn instructions are dinky.

Attachments

• IMG_1532.JPG
    IMG_1532.JPG
    180.3 KB · Views: 181
OMG... I was about to ask my daughter about this, rather than retype the instructions I took a picture. It wasn't until I saw the photo on my nice big computer that I even SAW the ruler in the instructions. I attached it. Top to bottom, multiply by pi. I swear I didn't notice that line was a ruler. Darn instructions are dinky.
I think the writer of those instructions is on this forum! :LOL:

OK, bike build is done. Still haven't fueled it just yet, REAL hot out today and I always ride with long pants and leather half chaps... so it can wait till it cools down a bit. But I'll upload images of my new speedometer and full bike. Enjoy.
OH... just fyi, the distance from the mag spoke to the sensor was just a tad too much. All I did was screw this thing onto a thin piece of wood, cut that to kinda fit the space, and just to be sure, used the spoke hole in the magnets to run a wire around the whole thing. Wood is only epoxy glued on. I never trust glue completely. I actually got it so close I had to move the sensor off to the side a bit. It works though. As far as I can tell just spinning the wheel.

I'm having issues adjusting that front disk brake too. HAD it once, then had to take the front wheel back off and ever since, no luck. I got it close but if you listen there is still some scraping. I simply cannot figure out how to fix that. And yea I watched a TON of videos already. Contacted the company and asked if they could send any specific instructions for this particular bike. So we'll see. I'll just be riding close to home until I trust this thing.

Anyway, photos..... (And I see I managed to chop the mirrors off every shot. There will be another photo shoot today.)

Attachments

• IMG_1533.JPG
    IMG_1533.JPG
    117.4 KB · Views: 178
  • IMG_1534.JPG
    IMG_1534.JPG
    122.2 KB · Views: 175
  • IMG_1535.JPG
    IMG_1535.JPG
    114.9 KB · Views: 188
  • IMG_1537.JPG
    IMG_1537.JPG
    393.5 KB · Views: 162
  • IMG_1538.JPG
    IMG_1538.JPG
    466.7 KB · Views: 177
  • IMG_1539.JPG
    IMG_1539.JPG
    418 KB · Views: 186
Hey Artmaker, if your speedo seems off when you get it running, try calibrating it with the distance from the axle to the sensor times two, times pi. This will give you the true rolling circumference of where the sensor it set.

Actually no. Anywhere from the axle to the outer rim, will pass a sensor once per revolution. The outer part moves around the center faster but still, draw a line from axle to tire, anywhere on that line will still pass the sensor once per turn.
The thing needs to know the diameter of the wheel in order to calculate distance.

Physics I got. Math is a whole other issue, but physics? Not a problem for me.

Nice paint, I think ya need some real feathers hanging from one side of your handle bars.
I've got some feathers. Go ahead and pick out a few for yourself.

DSCF2147.JPG

Oh those are gorgeous! I thought about feathers on the bike but honestly, they would get mangled pretty quick. Too much wind, movement, etc.

BUT.... if you need a place to unload feathers, (shorter is better, the long ones get bent in use.)
I make hand carved/painted walking sticks and often use feathers. Here are just a few. (And darn it I need to add the ones I just made too.)
Snowy Owl hiking stick Macaw hiking stick That last one, the macaw, I used feathers from my own parrot. He's my feather factory.
Now those short ones in front, you betcha I could find a place for them.

OH... a stick I just finished before I started on this bike. My lunar one.

Attachments

• IMG_1473.JPG
    IMG_1473.JPG
    484.3 KB · Views: 156
Feathers, I like to stick em in my saddle bags. I gotta show ya my Raccoon Tail
DSCF8714.JPGDSCF8738.JPG DSCF2159.JPG

That's a Cool walking stick. You are an artist.
I make Walking Canes for Old Guys. The hardest part is finding a hardwood tree branch with a natural handle.
I'm always on the look out for a nice hardwood tree branch.
I gotta cure the wood first then do a little sanding and shaping before I put spar varnish on it. A Brass name plate is a nice touch too.
Here is a pic of a few I just finished. I get good $$$ for em (all sold and ready for delivery)

Attachments

• DSCF2148.JPG
    DSCF2148.JPG
    102.1 KB · Views: 198
  • DSCF2149.JPG
    DSCF2149.JPG
    111.2 KB · Views: 168
  • DSCF2150.JPG
    DSCF2150.JPG
    94.8 KB · Views: 171
  • DSCF2151.JPG
    DSCF2151.JPG