Speedometers in MPH

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
You guys are all as smart as a sack of hammers, the OP is looking for an analog clock, not a trip computer. I never had any trip computers back in my youth, but there were speedos.

Those older clocks are out there, but hard to find. If it was me, I would just get an ebay speedo, pull the face off and replace the numbers for mph equivalent, and put face back on.
Funny! When we were kids I had a friend that we called "hammer head".

"Those older clocks are out there, but hard to find. If it was me, I would just get an ebay speedo, pull the face off and replace the numbers for mph equivalent, and put face back on."

Chain lube, that did cross my mind, my computer printing skills might not be up to that challenge! I guess I could black out the KMH numbers and possible find some small numbers with a sticky backing to put in the right areas.

I also saw the amazon Kmh/Mph version, lol, but darn it this is the USA and I dont want MPH subordiante to KMH. Were fought two World Wars on the inch pattern and Im sticking to it.... LOL I was a tool and die maker for over 40 years, and started in the inch world and saw metrics gain a footing only because of imports....once while inside some large machinery, a German engineer asked me if I was using a inch sized tap or a metric one, I said it was a 1/4-20 tap he said I should be using a metric tap. I said the closest is 6 mm and is slightly smaller and this one was nearby so, if you want this piece of machinery back up and running fast to keep from shutting BMW down I need to keep using it, if not I will have to walk back to another building about 400 yards away to get a 5mm drill and the 6mm tap, so I would suggest you look at this tap as being a 6.35 x 1.27 tap

Those older clocks are out there, but hard to find. If it was me, I would just get an ebay speedo, pull the face off and replace the numbers for mph equivalent, and put face back on.
Chain lube, that did cross my mind, my computer printing skills might not be up to that challenge! I guess I could black out the KMH numbers and possible find some small numbers with a sticky backing to but in the right area
Don't use the counter or ignore it. All you need is some sticky #s, you can get them on a sheet in any size. Google will tell you where to put them.

Heres a couple MPH speedometers and you'll need a speedo gear and speedo cable

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
"Those older clocks are out there, but hard to find. If it was me, I would just get an ebay speedo, pull the face off and replace the numbers for mph equivalent, and put face back on."

Chain lube, that did cross my mind, my computer printing skills might not be up to that challenge! I guess I could black out the KMH numbers and possible find some small numbers with a sticky backing to put in the right areas.

I also saw the amazon Kmh/Mph version, lol, but darn it this is the USA and I dont want MPH subordiante to KMH. Were fought two World Wars on the inch pattern and Im sticking to it.... LOL I was a tool and die maker for over 40 years, and started in the inch world and saw metrics gain a footing only because of imports....once while inside some large machinery, a German engineer asked me if I was using a inch sized tap or a metric one, I said it was a 1/4-20 tap he said I should be using a metric tap. I said the closest is 6 mm and is slightly smaller and this one was nearby so, if you want this piece of machinery back up and running fast to keep from shutting BMW down I need to keep using it, if not I will have to walk back to another building about 400 yards away to get a 5mm drill and the 6mm tap, so I would suggest you look at this tap as being a 6.35 x 1.27 tap
Amen brother! GO USA USA

Screenshot 2022-05-20 12.07.50 PM.png
you can find these on eBay for $30

I have an analog speed-o on my Kent that reads only in "Klicks". An old fashion label maker fixed that right up!
10 k = 6 mph
20 k = 12.5 mph
30 k = 18.5 mph
40 k = 25 mph
50 k = 30 mph
Note that I rounded some of those off. ;)
Hope that's helpful.

Back