speedometers

BigFella

Local time
9:01 PM
dose the size of the front wheel make a differance in the the speed it reads ,its not a digital one

is 24 differant to a 20inch

yes - with a speedometer size of tire will make a difference in mph reading

that's why the digital ones have settings that we can change according to tire size

try to buy the correct one for your tire size

ride that thing Mountainman

or buy one that you can program for your tire size. I am very pleased with both of my Sigma bike computers. I have both an 800 and a 1200. the 800 was $20 at ****'s sporting goods and the 1200 was $30. Both seem to handle the chengine well, and read accurately. The 800 is rated to 50 mph by sigma but several of the vintage motorcycle forums have tested it to 125mph with NO issues. I figure that if the Sigma 800 can take the abuse of a touring bike then is can take the abuse I dish out on my MB.

I have tried several other bike computers. I bought e cheap one at target for $10 and it carpped out after 18mph. Kept giving error messages.

Before I did motorized biking I used a vetta, I forget what model but I regularly went well over 25 mph and it did well.

I would say also get a wired model, both the sigma that I have are wired. The 1200 looks perfect on my bike, fits right between the risers. perfect.

I have had the Sigma 800 up to 33 mph with no issues. and the same with the 1200.

I had so many problems with the wired speedometer I bought, I even exchanged it once to be sure I had a good working one, but still kept turning on and off....

I went on Ebay and found a Garmin Etrex Vista for $33 and a handlebar mount for $9

It works FLAWLESSLY..... keeps track of EVERYTHING!

Just a thought to other MB'ers here....also it removes and slips into a pocket very easily!

I've seen the pyramid speedometers (analog), and at first I thought it looked pretty cool. I haven't bought one personally, but after a little research, it seems to me that the speedometer is all plastic and very cheap quality. I don't want to go with digital because I've always liked the look of analog speedometers, but I'm not going to waste my money on cheap plastic. This fits 24-26 in bikes, but I'd recommend the digital speedometers in this case. You can set the digital ones to your specific wheel size, and you can buy them in most places for pretty cheap.

I picked up a Whizzer, chrome unit, about 50 -60 bucks. Works great with 26 x 2.125 tires and it's lit. I do a lot of night riding so I wired it into my 12v electrical system.

Back