Sponsors

the ads are small and not everywhere :D i think its great. good job tom. betchya never thought it would grow like it did. you and aug are doin a great job! :D :D :D

btw- love the little gearhead emoticons

Hey Tom, I used the ebay link last night around 8PM and bought a Hugger tank. Does that give you something? Do you get anything if I use the link to get to ebay and don't buy something? Just curious about when to use it.

If you use the searchbox at least once; for the following 30 days (or until you use use someone else's affilate link) anything you buy or sell will get us about .5-5% of the total sale price. So far, from all the ads on the site, we have received about 12-15 bucks, technically for free. The larger the forum grows, the more rapidly we can save up for cool things. 8)

we all totally rock! hey, everyone, thanks for being here...if we keep this up & can find our logo, we're all
gonna be wearin' MBc t-shirts real soon 8)

btw-i bought a double-pull brake lever off ebay this week, pics on the way, stay tuned :)

Schwinn

I put links in the parts section that go directly to e-bay. Wonder if we get credit for that hu? Also, they really are cool parts that people are probably interested in. Maybe I should just put the item number on the web page and someone could just cut and past that item number in the surch box.

a very good idea: posting only the ebay item number for use in our search box... :)

Ok, I went ahead and put a link unit at the top of the page. I could change the border a bit, or remove the border, or remove the unit all together. The bottom line is that the ad on the bottom made 3 bucks the first day, but then about 20-50 cents per day after that. The e-bay searchbox at the top makes on average the same.

I am only expiermenting with the link unit up top, and wanted to see if it would generate the revenues needed to fund some expanding of the board, or if members would just get annoyed at it.

Let me know what y'all think, this is pretty much your board anyway. 8)

I thought about this yesterday- Product Placement-

Those little flags, they appear on our member list, and on our postings.

The size isn't too large, (btw- nobody guessed mine is the Isle of Man)

BUT WHAT IF? Instead of a flag, it was "Golden Arches", "StarbuckCoffee", "BFGoodrich" etc. Now, that is General Idea, but possibly we could get enough "product specific" sponsors.

NO SIDEBAR ADS, NO POPUPS, just these little capitalistic logos next to our names.

Food for thought-prob take a lot of doing, but when our viewership grows, and the other morning there was only me and 6 guests viewing.

BTW- has anybody ever seen a larger number than SIX guests viewing?

i ain't selling my flag :devilish:

well, i've always wondered about our "most online 68" statistic...i've personally seen 6 members & 14 guests 8)

I am going to CONTACT the Isle of Man Chamber of Commerce, (I think they are big on money laundering, internet gambling and some type of soft cheese), and tell them to PONY UP>>.

Seriously, it doesn't have to be big bucks, and it doesn't have to be corporate, better it was Travel Related (See Rock City, Indy500, Dollyw00d, AlligatorWorld).

Back