Spookytooth March of the Suguaro Ralley 2008

Now I'm really struggeling with Rally envy.:LOL:
You have no idea how proud it makes me to see the t-shirts:D!
Looks like you all had a great time.

What a great area to ride in. I'm envious.

Zev bears a striking resemblance to my father, but younger. It must be the beard. I wonder if I could get my dad on a bike, hmmm.

"rally-envy"...that's too funny, scott...i noticed the shirts and have to admit i puffed my chest out a bit, too :D

you AZ guys done us proud again...and the pics are great...thanks to all for "representin'" in such fine fashion :cool:

Looks like an awesome time! :D But did ya all really want to go home afterwards?

The rally in August being atleast 2 days long should give everyone "riders overload"! NOT!!!

Wish Az was not so far away, I woulda loved to get in on a ride like that.

Papa

the ralley was a blast
vinnie's back hub gave out (inner race on left side disintegrated) after only approx 6miles :(
I made it through the whole rally with only a master link prob (borrowed one from vinnie)
I was using my 3rd engine in a week (thank you Duane (thatsdax) for helping me out)
removed spunout's and finished the install approx 10pm on sat 8th (I really wanted to ride on sunday:))
my engine was making a lot of noise (suspected bushing), but it quieted down after some fairly hard running (I had parts to fix it at home, so I just went for it)
I think the prob was the clutch plate chattering or something, but, will tear it down today to do a full inspection
I actually hit 28-29mph at times with a 50 tooth sprocket
the scenery was great, the camraderie was even better
it was nice to meet people that I had only spoken with through the forum (az cra-z, zev0, and some non-members (lurkers))
thank you to everyone who helped me with my engine probs (spunout, thatsdax and augi)...you too scott, I got lots of comments on my shirt :D:D:D

Last edited:
It was really great! Thanks again to Roland from Spooky Tooth.
Zev0, you could have gone along without frying your new pony (quite a beauty, by the way). We stopped a lot and generally took our time. I was always at the back because of not exceeding the speed limit, of course.

was nice to see and meet everyone out there and the rides. i was bummed out, 1 min leading the pack, and the next l was in the support ride. guess it was my time to sit out. l rode with roland for most of the way and he told me how to get alittle more horse-ez out of our engines. it was a very interesting ride to say the least. lm just glad everyone else had a really good ride and time.
next time zev0, your riding with us. death race 2008 coming soon.:cool:

Attachments

• Rally 2008 005.jpg
    Rally 2008 005.jpg
    132.4 KB · Views: 251
was nice to see and meet everyone out there and the rides. i was bummed out, 1 min leading the pack, and the next l was in the support ride. guess it was my time to sit out. l rode with roland for most of the way and he told me how to get alittle more horse-ez out of our engines. it was a very interesting ride to say the least. lm just glad everyone else had a really good ride and time.
next time zev0, your riding with us. death race 2008 coming soon.:cool:

Can't wait. It's in April sometime. Hope the death race is not the death of me. :D Having a little trouble with rear wheel not staying straight in the frame, but working on it.

Back