Sport moped exhaust on 66cc (Build thread)

Hey I get it. I'd be losing my mind too after spending all kinds of money on my bike and it doesn't work. Just remember we are all here trying to help you. Take a break regain your thoughts and re read your post. The answers are there. Trust me we all want you to have a successful build so you can pass along your experience to the next new guy that's experiencing similar problems. I know it's probably extra frustrating for you having to wait and wait to get parts and that the same parts available to us are available to you. Just take your time and re read your posts and your bike will be running and you will have learned from this experience.

Haha, sorry..
I'll post some pictures tomorrow of the progress since i don't have anything else to show, just problems after problems..

Hey there! I got the cylinder machined FINALLY!!! I can't belive it! But guess what! It does not run! Haha.... (hiding my pain by laughing)

alright. So, there is compression now, about 120psi. Or more. Its very hard to pull start it. That should be enough, right?
Spark. There is spark. B7HS plug, nice blue spark.
Air. There is air. The exhaust wheezes as I pull start it.
Fuel? I don't think there is fuel. Why?
There is fuel in the tank, about halfway. The petcock is open. But it only fills a bit of the line next to the carburetor inlet brass part. Just half a centimeter. No matter how fast i pull it, that fuel does not go, nor does new fuel flow or get filled a bit more. Choke is almost fully closed, so choked, and the idle screw is almost all the way turned in. Do you guys have any idea what i should check?

Could it be a leak? I mean theres no leak at the head nor the exhaust but the CDHpower reeds are fully new and they should seal properly? I am still trying to use the stock NT carburetor, should I put tape over the mount and the reed part the carb slides over, to eliminate any leaks there?

I tried with cap off as well i'll check the petcock tho. Any other ideas? jets? The inside of the reed valve is a bit wet indicating that at least a little fuel is getting inside the engine. Maybe its lean?? I have a size 70 jet or stock.

Either clogged petcock, carb inlet/float pin, or jet and I would check in that order. Trace your steps - unhook hose from carb and open petcock. If fuel flows well, its not your petcock or filter so you know its something in the carb.

I had an NT carb get the carb inlet barb clogged and it would barely start but instantly die on any throttle.

Ah, thanks I'll do that, but I can only check those on moday. Also. Could timing still be off? Should I measure port times? Because of the different piston

Edit: I had the bottom of the cylinder machined off not the top because of shorter piston

Back