Sportsman Flyer Board Tracker Replica Build

brett7777

Local time
4:37 PM
Wasn't sure where to post this thread. I looked in Whizzers & Antique & it seemed to be all Whizzers, & also this build is new so I guess it's not antique. Mods please move it if Im in the wrong place - thanks.
Im in Auckland, New Zealand, & Ive never seen a replica Board Tracker here. There are a few retro looking bicycles around, & a few motorized bicycles, but no board tracker replicas that I know of. And no suppliers of old school parts.
So I will have to get most of the parts shipped from the US to New Zealand. It looks like I maybe able to get 2.125" white tyres here, & I can get standard stuff like mountain bike rims.
I don't weld, but I have basic mechanical skills.
So I have decided to get a Sportsman Flyer frame & in frame fuel tank. This will be the framework for my build.
I don't know anything much about bicycles, or engine kits, so it will all be a learning curve, & I have many questions. I have done bobbers before but this is all new.
At the moment I'm waiting for Sportsman Flyer to do the frame & in frame tank for me, & I'm gathering parts like motor, seat, etc in the meantime while Im waiting. I also have to find wheels, springer or leaf fork, & so on.
I may have some real newbie questions so I hope y'all can be patient with a newb.

One year ago I was a noob- right now I have two bikes for sale and four awaiting parts that I designed. You've come to the right place.
the Old Sgt.

I asked somewhere else & was told the springer forks sold on ebay are prone to failure. Both the monark repops, & the schwinn style repops.
Does anyone know where you can buy reproduction springer forks for a reasonable price, that aren't prone to failure?

Ok, have found a source for the forks (thanks to the member who pm'd me), now need to know:
When looking for springer forks to go on a Worksman INB frame, which size does it take? Large- 28.6mm (fits 25.4mm stems) or Small- 25.4mm (fits 22.2mm stems) ?

I seem to mainly answer my own posts, but here goes anyway.
Got the tank today. So I a have a seat, tank, & Chinese 2 stroke. Waiting on the frame now.
I want to do the tank & frame in black, with a gold decal, & gold pinstriping, like this Reading.
Gonna use white tyres tho, so it might look more like the other bike in the pic

Attachments

• tank arrived1.jpg
    tank arrived1.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 1,441
  • brooks flyer seat.jpg
    brooks flyer seat.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 1,402
  • motor.jpg
    motor.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 1,362
  • 1908-Reading-Standard.jpg
    1908-Reading-Standard.jpg
    135.4 KB · Views: 2,489
  • DSC_0291.jpg
    DSC_0291.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 2,225
Bloody impressive! Looking forward to the build itself. That's the Sportsman tank, eh? Ought to consider one (frame and tank) for myself...
the Old Sgt.

Brett..This guy does Beautiful Work. He is well worth studying...not just glancing over.

If you are looking for the finest custom front forks made, do a search for John Brain...I did one for you and came up with:

Http://www.bikerodnkustom3.homestead.com/brainfork.html

Altho, this showcases mostly his 'chopper' front forks', that is not all he does. He makes a fantastic front suspension fork for anything...Look over his examples:

bikerodnkustom3.homestead.com/brain fork.html

And there are more if you will google him.

Last edited:
Back