Sportsman Flyer chain guide/ rear sprocket mount

Oldcrow

Local time
9:18 AM
Has anyone seen one of these up close? Lots of really nice looking parts, As far as I can tell the chain guide is fixed ( no spring ) The location is also in the same place as every motorcycle i ever had. If you zoom in you can get a pretty good look, the guide sprocket just looks like its mounted to a welded plate with an axle for the sprocket. Also it looks like they use the very common clamp on CNC 3 stud rear wheel sprocket adapter. Im assuming they are doing things right so Im curious about those things, considering how most builders rate spring tensioner as very important and also ive heard that the clamp on CNC sprocket adapters have issues (slipping) That direct screw to hub mount sprocket is the best. So wondering why their bike dont use them. I really like their engine mount. Ive been thinking about buying a Worksman but its interesting that the Worksman drop loop frame doesnt seem to really allow the engine to be mount much lower if any than the Worksman Cruiser frame, becasue of the front sprocket. So doesnt seem like theres any advantage to be gained with that frame in getting a lower center of gravity.

Sportsman Flyer makes their own Droploop frame. They also make the Droploop frame for Worksman Cycles. Yes, Worksman Cycles sells a Droploop bicycle and a Droploop frame. But Sportsman Flyer made the frame

Sportsman Flyer would loose money if they bought a Cruiser frame from Worksman Cycles to make a 2 stroke M/B. So of course Sportsman Flyer uses the Droploop frame they make.

Drop loop frames are really for big 4 strokes. But can be used for 2 strokes too

Last edited:
I was wondering, I saw a image on the site of a frame being welded up, was thinking "why so much modding" thanks for clarifying. Do you think the drop loop allows for lower engine mounting? Or is it lower bottom bracket = lower engine position? The distance between the bottom bracket and engine seems the same or very close as on a cruiser 2 stroke.

4 strokes like what Sportsman Flyer uses 160cc 200cc and 250cc fit in nicely with low center of gravity filling up the droploop part of the frame

Yes I guess the 2 stroke is about the same height as on a cruiser frame. They just use a mounting cover plate to cover the droploop part.
And it looks cool too

Back