Sprocket adapter for 27" road bicycle?

INTP_ty

Local time
4:10 AM
My motorized bicycle is too fast for me. It's a mid 80's Vista road bicycle with 27" tires. I'd like to throw the power I have elsewhere. I'm just worried about vibration. Have any of you had any trouble with bad vibration when you went to a larger sprocket? I'm thinking about a 54T. I have the 44T now. I only ask because it looks like I'm out of luck as far as those adapters go. My hub diameter is like 5/8" & the smallest ones I see are 1"

By the way, at 24:1 the bicycle did 32mph. My back tire isn't true at all & this was off a phone application. I'm running 32:1 now & am not interested in another "high speed run." The widest tire I can fit on my bicycle are the 1 3/8" which aren't wide at all... 20-25mph is ideal. I also don't want to go too large where my RPM's are running like mad at cruising speed. Being able to do a wheelie would be cool tho!

I use a 50 on a 26" and it is a very noticeable difference as opposed to the 44. I like it, on the build that I have it mounted on.(a very heavy bike) As for the vibration I think that might depend on your setup. As for revving, yes you will find your motor revving alot more. Typically on that bike i keep my hand at the ready to disengage the clutch to keep the motor from slowing down the bike.

Back