Sprocket Adapter Slippage

DistantWolrld101

I bought a couple 40T OCC Adapters (1.250-1.258") and no matter what i do it will slip forward and start to hit the spokes and then want to bend them.
things i have tried

1. Removing Stingray sticker
2. wrapping with black tape
3. Cutting Fuel line and using it as a liner
4. Torquing Clamp Bolts down with a Old Handle Bar Even to the point the bolts almost felt like they where gonna snap
5. Applying Loctite on the Clamp
6. sanding the a clamp to roughen it a little

I would like to not put any notches in it or the hub to do the woodruff key key trick that i have seen in some videos

the loctite lasted the longest but after a few hills it slipped and i had to scrap it off, i'm glad i bought a couple of these clamp shells so i could experiment with one just in case

anyone one have any suggestions on what i can do to stop the slippage

61Y4l7ySyJL._SL1100_.jpg

JerboaJohn

it will leave marks on the hub but you can score lines in the adapter raising a tiny bit of material that bites into the hub. much like the knurling that handlebars have.
I've used a piece of sports friction tape also n everything u tried too. I limited it to 2mm slippage in 600 or so miles and after another 100mi, spokes will need replaced i know,,,

a disc brake mount w 6 bolts is really the best setup

Lukesky36

Loosen the top screw on the adapter the single one on the top that holds the sprocket then tighten the hub screws what happens is that it cant tighten anymore because it only gets to the size of the sprocket. Sand the sprocket and the hub that is all you should need

DistantWolrld101

Loosen the top screw on the adapter the single one on the top that holds the sprocket then tighten the hub screws what happens is that it cant tighten anymore because it only gets to the size of the sprocket. Sand the sprocket and the hub that is all you should need
I already sanded the Hub, Also i put the clamp on and tighten it as much as i can even using the spare handle bar before i put the sprocket piece on and it still slips

DistantWolrld101

it will leave marks on the hub but you can score lines in the adapter raising a tiny bit of material that bites into the hub. much like the knurling that handlebars have.
I've used a piece of sports friction tape also n everything u tried too. I limited it to 2mm slippage in 600 or so miles and after another 100mi, spokes will need replaced i know,,,

a disc brake mount w 6 bolts is really the best setup

i was looking at a spoiler rim with the disk brake and thinking of getting it so i can get a 2 in one Disc Brake Sprocket Combo, also i thought about trying some strong double sided tape to maybe help stick in place a little, but i HARDLY HARDLY(X100 more times) doubt it will work lol

DistantWolrld101

Is it bottoming out or does it still have a small gap?

there is still a small gap but i can't go any farther if i try i am most certain the bolts will brake i am putting ALOT of torque on them using the flat bar and Alan wrench combo, i know i already broke one Alan wrench but it was a cheapo so it was bound to happen anyways

Lukesky36

I had the same issue with new hubs i don't know why but after a while they settle in and i torque it 2 or 3 times and it seems to stop slipping the m8 bolts should handle up too 48nm-35ft lbs