Sprocket Adapter Slippage

Lukesky36

i would remove the tape clean the residue completely and get a very low grit sandpaper and really scratch it up it should feel very rough wipe the access sand and metal particles from it with a clean rag do it on both the sprocket and bike hub all around it should have no reason to not bite afterward i do it on my sprocket hub adapters seems to work for me

Lukesky36

My hub is sanded to bare metal really scratched up looking and rough just where it mates with the adapter the hub hides it though i done it with 3 bikes by now and it seems to work every time for me

inspectorcritic

I bought a couple 40T OCC Adapters (1.250-1.258") and no matter what i do it will slip forward and start to hit the spokes and then want to bend them.
things i have tried

1. Removing Stingray sticker
2. wrapping with black tape
3. Cutting Fuel line and using it as a liner
4. Torquing Clamp Bolts down with a Old Handle Bar Even to the point the bolts almost felt like they where gonna snap
5. Applying Loctite on the Clamp
6. sanding the a clamp to roughen it a little

I would like to not put any notches in it or the hub to do the woodruff key key trick that i have seen in some videos

the loctite lasted the longest but after a few hills it slipped and i had to scrap it off, i'm glad i bought a couple of these clamp shells so i could experiment with one just in case

anyone one have any suggestions on what i can do to stop the slippage

View attachment 87468
Wrap a 1/4 nylon rope around the place you don't want the chain to go.

DistantWolrld101

i gave up, it slipped even after sanding, i went back to the rag joint, come next month i'm going to order a Schwinn Spoiler rim and a bolt on sprocket and be done with it.

Clone

Call them too and explain your situation, they might be able to help over the phone as what to order.

willis617

Did you measure the hub diameter to determine the correct adapter size?
It may be that the difference in hub diameter and adapter is excessive and is not getting enough surface contact

Clone

Oh you don't need the bushing it looks like huh?
Make sure your bolts are long, then torque'er down bro.
That's odd to me since it looks like it can be tightened down huh?