Sprocket Adapter Slippage

Lukesky36

You know on my bike the hub was wrong size it was too small so i filled it down with a file for a while untill it fit and i couldnt get 1 of the 3 bolts in that hold the sprocket so i got a file and filled just a little bit out of the hole on the sprocket to make it fit and yes it will throw your sprocket out just a little bit where the chain will get loose then tight and loose again when the wheel spins but it was very minimal for me and i have Lots of miles on it and had no issues with it. The adapters slide for me too i ride them notice they slip so i jam my bike backwards with the engine engaged and it moves it back to where it needs to be and i just keep tightening it every ride if i can and they seem to quit sliding after a bit of riding for me.

JerboaJohn

if you can take a pic of calipers on your hub, I"d be willing to machine a few thousandths off for free.
but going to a 6 bolt or however it's bolted to the hub directly is a best way. you'll have a better rim too and even if you do get the hub adapter to sit still, the bearings in a stock wheel get ate up after a few months.

we're all hoping you fight thru this!

DistantWolrld101

if you can take a pic of calipers on your hub, I"d be willing to machine a few thousandths off for free.
but going to a 6 bolt or however it's bolted to the hub directly is a best way. you'll have a better rim too and even if you do get the hub adapter to sit still, the bearings in a stock wheel get ate up after a few months.

we're all hoping you fight thru this!

This is the rim and tire i am buying

Edit: Because the hub adapter is not working

Attachments

JerboaJohn

my next bike I'm gonna either fight to do a disc and sprocket or just do a shift kit but idk.
back wheel setup is always the hardest part of a build

DistantWolrld101

my next bike I'm gonna either fight to do a disc and sprocket or just do a shift kit but idk.
back wheel setup is always the hardest part of a build
I usually only disc front, caliper/v brake back, but I seen this rim and ordered a 2 in one disc brake & sprocket that bolts on the wheel

Will'smotobikes19

Well if the hub is aluminum you could just have someone tig weld a bead around the adapter then it will never move. If its steel there needs to be some sort of key or pin or else it will eventually slide.

inspectorcritic

Ya I had to go back to the rag myself Bikebury sent me some defective mag rims one side crush brake other side brake clearly misses the rim the it has sprocket climb on it cuz I had to take the derailer off for single speed which means when climbs to higher gear it will snap the chain or worst strip the hub threads.
I tried it on 2 different bikes problem gets worst.
IMG_20190516_112655879.jpg
IMG_20190516_112721384.jpg
IMG_20190516_112721384.jpg