Sprocket Adapter Slippage

Spare_Parts

Ya I had to go back to the rag myself Bikebury sent me some defective mag rims one side crush brake other side brake clearly misses the rim the it has sprocket climb on it cuz I had to take the derailer off for single speed which means when climbs to higher gear it will snap the chain or worst strip the hub threads.
I tried it on 2 different bikes problem gets worst.View attachment 87556View attachment 87557View attachment 87557
Those are for disk brake not rim brakes. Should have said it in the description but probably didn't.

JerboaJohn

it says disc ready, n a quick peek at the pics you can see they are disc.
sounds like inspector cheaped out on mounting the sprocket and disc together. you just need something like a top hat spacer/adapter to run disc and the sprocket. I tried that with DIY spacers, so so results but there is a 1 piece spacer I wish I knew about before. I think mbrebel has them

JerboaJohn

I'll get some pics of my experiment when I bet home. lost the pics I originally took. I remem i milled off some from the inside of that adapter but still didn't get spot on alignment. there's spacers that go with these

Spare_Parts

The MB Rebel adapter comes in 3 sizes. I got the middle one. Each adapter is really 4 sizes depending how you mount the sprocket.

JerboaJohn

untitled.jpguntitled2.jpg
this adapter held the sprocket too far away from the spokes even I put the adapter on the lathe and took some off the inner back side. I didn't know of a 1 piece spacer ring then, so I fabbed a bevel rubber washer in the sprocket indents and 12 washers. but the washers would slip and were not perfectly flat, just cheapies. sprocket was from MZ Miami. not sure exactly where I got the disc adapter. plenty of room tho for a caliper and disc away from the sprocket with this setup. but I don't like QR hubs. I bent this one in like 3 weeks so it's sat for almost 2 years now. maybe I'll redo it it and put it on my next 2 stroke build.
I need this spacer $15:
untitled.jpg

Last edited:

pwd847

I sanded the inside of my hub adapter, and the hub. When I torque the bolts down, there comes a point where they get SUPER tight, SUPER fast, without the flat surfaces ever touching. There is probably a 1 to 1.5 mm air gap. I'm worried it I tighten the bolts anymore I'll strip the aluminum threads. Is this normal?

extremeodd

I sanded the inside of my hub adapter, and the hub. When I torque the bolts down, there comes a point where they get SUPER tight, SUPER fast, without the flat surfaces ever touching. There is probably a 1 to 1.5 mm air gap. I'm worried it I tighten the bolts anymore I'll strip the aluminum threads. Is this normal?
It sounds like the bolts are slightly too long and you're bottoming out in the hole. Try grinding them down a few millimeters, or if you want to check you put a Sharpie mark on the very bottom of the bolt, screw in the bolt and when you unscrew it see if the mark has been rubbed off any.