Sprocket adapter slippage

Zac

Local time
6:48 PM
This has been an issue for a while now. I got a sprocket hub adapter, and the diameter of the adapter was 1.5", my hub was only 1" or 7/8", not sure which of the two. So I ordered a spacer to decrease the diameter of the adapter, and it came with a little rubber piece to fill in extra space. It ended up slipping again. I need to make it clamp tight onto the hub without worrying about it slipping, anyone have ideas? With nothing else on it, just the hub adapter and the spacera, it spins on the hub.

This has been an issue for a while now. I got a sprocket hub adapter, and the diameter of the adapter was 1.5", my hub was only 1" or 7/8", not sure which of the two. So I ordered a spacer to decrease the diameter of the adapter, and it came with a little rubber piece to fill in extra space. It ended up slipping again. I need to make it clamp tight onto the hub without worrying about it slipping, anyone have ideas? With nothing else on it, just the hub adapter and the spacera, it spins on the hub.
1" hub adapter...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220422-180549.png
    Screenshot_20220422-180549.png
    357 KB · Views: 141
Thanks but no thanks, I found a solution. And I've already spent wayy too much money on this bike
I can put something in between the adapter and the spacer, and it won't cause slippage on the hub.

Some lock Tite the correct hub adapter to the hub... Some drill and tap a Allen screw to lock it down... The wrong adapter is going to be problems...

Get a roll pin and pin it to the adapter and hub. You only need it entering the hub by 1/4 inch.

I ended up cutting some aluminum can and wrapping that around the hub, sprocket hasn't slipped at all since.

Thanks but no thanks, I found a solution. And I've already spent wayy too much money on this bike
I can put something in between the adapter and the spacer, and it won't cause slippage on the hub.
What did you put? I am having similar issues

I ended up cutting some aluminum can and wrapping that around the hub, sprocket hasn't slipped at all since.
Ignore my previous comment but has it slipped yet? Also did you have trouble aligning the sprocket to the engine sprocket?

Ignore my previous comment but has it slipped yet? Also did you have trouble aligning the sprocket to the engine sprocket?
I sanded down both halves of the clamp and used JB Weld to hold the sprocket on. Haven't had an issue since. Aligning the rear sprocket to the drive sprocket was not an issue, because the adapter can slide backwards and forwards on the rear hub.

I sanded down both halves of the clamp and used JB Weld to hold the sprocket on. Haven't had an issue since. Aligning the rear sprocket to the drive sprocket was not an issue, because the adapter can slide backwards and forwards on the rear hub.
What size rim do you have and also can you send a picture of your setup? I feel like the way I had to do everything was way too complicated.

Back