Sprocket adapter/wheel issues

Zac

Local time
6:57 PM
I was riding my bike yesterday, and I noticed whenever I accelerated, the sprocket would slip a little before going. I checked the sprocket adapter and it was not putting enough pressure on the hub, but was putting pressure on the spokes. I have 2 snapped spokes and a few bent ones. The adapter was tightend on all the way and it still slipped. It's also because the diameter of the wheel hub is smaller than the diameter of the adapter, so I wrapped the hub with hockey tape to add some diameter, and it worked, but not anymore. Should I get mag wheels? Or any other adapter solutions?

MB rebel probably has the right adapter... And know what fits your setup

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220325-205536.png
    Screenshot_20220325-205536.png
    298 KB · Views: 126
I was riding my bike yesterday, and I noticed whenever I accelerated, the sprocket would slip a little before going. I checked the sprocket adapter and it was not putting enough pressure on the hub, but was putting pressure on the spokes. I have 2 snapped spokes and a few bent ones. The adapter was tightend on all the way and it still slipped. It's also because the diameter of the wheel hub is smaller than the diameter of the adapter, so I wrapped the hub with hockey tape to add some diameter, and it worked, but not anymore. Should I get mag wheels? Or any other adapter solutions?
You'd been better off lining it with some plumbers mesh instead of tape.

31321-2.jpg

Adapter needs to fit tightly enough that you have to almost 'snap' it on.
Any type of 'shim' between hub and adapter will likely fail after some time.

Adapter needs to fit tightly enough that you have to almost 'snap' it on.
Any type of 'shim' between hub and adapter will likely fail after some time.
Nah bro jb weld is the way

JB Weld has always worked for me on many different types of materials and some of them get heated up to 300*f

The only time JB weld didn't work was when I tried to fix a cracked head with it, Well it worked for about 100 miles
So I guess it worked good enough for a temp/emergency repair in that case

Ya can't expect JB weld to fix everything, It's best for light duty small stuff

Back