Sprocket as brake ?

On older bikes, they still use them had one on a motorbike I acquired. Difficulty getting use to again push backward on pedal no hand levers don't like it myself.

Has anyone herd of using Sprocket as brake rotor?
Do you mean using the rear sprocket that your drive chain is on as a disc brake rotor?
I don't know if it's done, but it seems like it would get grease on it from the chain, wouldn't it?

Do you mean using the rear sprocket that your drive chain is on as a disc brake rotor?
I don't know if it's done, but it seems like it would get grease on it from the chain, wouldn't it?
It's possible but not likely enough for any real ill effect,it has been done and was used by some manufacture's in eurpoe so that the bracket for caliper mount was a gusset between the stays and worked ok.

It's possible but not likely enough for any real ill effect,it has been done and was used by some manufacture's in eurpoe so that the bracket for caliper mount was a gusset between the stays and worked ok.
LOL. You haven't seen my rear sprocket after I oil my chain.:ROFLMAO:

I might look into this to supplement the coaster brake on my old cruiser. Interesting.

Last edited:
Back