sprocket dimensions

thanks for the reply al but i need the bolt hole pattern, ie the diameter of the holes or the radius from center of the sproket to the center of the hole or slot for the bolt. this is done by taking calipers, measuring the center hole, measuring the bolt hole or slot, measuring the material between the empty spaces. than taking the last dimension and adding half of the first two measurments. and this will give me the bolt circle radius.

Hope this helps.

Attachments

• KGrHqZlE2EceQQ00BNt3H8QuQ0_12.jpg
    KGrHqZlE2EceQQ00BNt3H8QuQ0_12.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 657
Last edited:
Al, those dimension don't seem exactly right. If the bolt-hole mounting circle is 3.25 inches, with 9 holes, the center-to-center spacing on the holes should be 1.112 inches.

But, if the bolt hole center-to-center spacing is 1.25 inches, then the bolt-hole circle diameter should be 3.65 inches.

ref http://www.motoredbikes.com/showthread.php?t=30309

Last edited:
can we combine these threads. i did multipule serches befor posting and never seen that thread. i am a machinist and the easiest way to find the diameter is to take the diameter of both holes or center hole and lenght of the slot, if the sprocket is sloted, divide them seperatly by 2 and use calipers to measure material between them. than you take that dimention adding half of each hole, or half the center hole and half the slot lenght. i would have already done this but my sprocket is on my bike and it is a stingray so it is a pain taking the sprocket on and off. i was hopping someone or even a vender might have one not on a bike that they can measure. i talked to one vendors tech support, i think kings, but the info they gave me was bad

Al, those dimension don't seem exactly right. If the bolt-hole mounting circle is 3.25 inches, with 9 holes, the center-to-center spacing on the holes should be 1.112 inches.

But, if the bolt hole center-to-center spacing is 1.25 inches, then the bolt-hole circle diameter should be 3.65 inches.

ref http://www.motoredbikes.com/showthread.php?t=30309

Correction..... I came up with close to 1 1/16" (1.0625") not 1.25"

i see what u mean. i triged it out, but with a 2 legs at 1.625 and 40 degrees i got 1.1116 so was the correction an actual measurement of a phisical sprocket? Because now im suspicious of all the dimensions. for one they are in inches and not metric. i suposse that they might have rounded the metric dimensions or just converted wronge because if u convert 1.625 it equals 41.275 and 1.25 is 31.75. but if u put those nubers into a trig calculator they dont even come close.

Back