Sprockets Sprocket doesnt fit on wheel

M

Mistamilla

I am trying to put my 9 hole sprocket on the wheel, but a few of the spokes are in the way. If I move the holes, the sprocket will not be true. I dont know how to put it on. What should I do? I read another post saying they attached the sprocket directly to the hub. How do you do that? Thanks

how many spokes does your wheel have
it should be no problem if 36 (36/9 = every 4th space)
you could do an intro post and say 'HI' to everyone :D

'milla...if you have a unique situation, we need pics. and, yeah...if you're gonna stick around, go say hiya to the group...they don't bite.

My wheel is 26' and has 32 spokes. It sounds like that might be a problem.

It is a new bike. I might just have to return it. Maybe that would be easier. I don't think there is a way to make it fit.

'milla, let's start over...go to "introduce yourself" and give a brief rundown of what you're up to, then we can get down to it.

So, I think I found a solution. I bought another back wheel. It is still 32 spokes, but it has the disc brake setup on the hub. I'm going to drill the holes in the sprocket and attatch it directly to the hub. All in the bike store were very intrigued with this project of attatching the engine to the bike and were eager to help. I think this will work. The disc break is supposed to take a lot of torque.(I hope I spelled that right) Let me know your thoughts. Thanks

I havent yet had the time to get the sprocket drilled. The hardware stores are closed by the time I can get to them. I'm gonna try getting that done tomorrow, but I'm so busy I don't think I'll have time to start working on the bike till Thursday. I'll keep you guys updated. Oh, by the way, on my intro post someone said I had a nice LBS, I was just wondering what that stands for. Thanks

Back