Sprockets sprocket installation help

charger044

Local time
6:59 AM
I am in the process of installing my new RAW 80cc kit and am having trouble installing my sprocket. I am using a 26" beach cruiser with a pedal (coaster) brake. The issue I am having is that the bolt heads that secure the sprocket to the backing plates behind the wheel spokes is interfering with the mounted arm for the brake assembly. I not sure what it is called, but it is the metal piece that is connected from the rear hub that also mounts to the frame for the coaster brake. The wheel cannot spin because of this interference. Can the bracket be bent or replaced? Any others with the same problem?

I just bent the arm until it cleared- doesn't take much bending to have enough room.

I am in the process of installing my new RAW 80cc kit and am having trouble installing my sprocket. I am using a 26" beach cruiser with a pedal (coaster) brake. The issue I am having is that the bolt heads that secure the sprocket to the backing plates behind the wheel spokes is interfering with the mounted arm for the brake assembly. I not sure what it is called, but it is the metal piece that is connected from the rear hub that also mounts to the frame for the coaster brake. The wheel cannot spin because of this interference. Can the bracket be bent or replaced? Any others with the same problem?

I had the same problem. Seems when the bike shop trued up the spokes they left the dust cover off the axle. That did two things: allowed the sprocket to move off center and produce the same interference that you experienced. When they replaced the dust cover I had the proper clearance. Another solution is to bend the brake lever to give you clearance. I found another alternative to this poor sprocket mounting method. Although a bit costly it looks very effective. See following web site:http://www.mmbikeparts.com/sprocket_adapter.htm

Back