Sprockets and levelness

You remove the bottom bracket assembly currently on your bike and install the sealed cartridge bearing bottom bracket spindle with a keyway. If you have a 1 piece crank then you gotta get the bottom bracket adapter to convert it to 3 piece. I'm kinda sorta posting some of the more expensive parts, you can get some of these things cheaper but it'd cost more over time replacing garbage instead of buying quality first.

OK so the Freewheel has internal threads i guess and the freewheel adapter screws into that. The freewheel adapter has a key and set screw that goes into the oval slot on the right of that image of the bottom brake cartridge. http://sickbikeparts.com/bottom-bracket-cartridge-206mm/.
I assume you weld or bolt on my old gear set from the bike to the freewheel and then attach a non-motorcycle chain from one of the gears on that old set to a diy stick shift that goes to the engine ?????? Just wanna make sure i understand you right.

Nah, that freewheel assembly is for you to mount 2 sprockets on, the jackshaft will have an input sprocket on the engine drive side and one above the freewheel on your pedals. It goes from the jackshaft to the freewheel, then another chain from the other sprocket to the back wheel. The gears I mentioned are your bicycle's normal gears in the back on the wheel.

Nah, that freewheel assembly is for you to mount 2 sprockets on, the jackshaft will have an input sprocket on the engine drive side and one above the freewheel on your pedals. It goes from the jackshaft to the freewheel, then another chain from the other sprocket to the back wheel. The gears I mentioned are your bicycle's normal gears in the back

Ok

With a freewheel, the motor can't turn the pedals. But the pedals can turn the motor right? Meaning if the motor was running and you pedal, you might mess it up right? Or is there a second free wheel? Thx

Last edited:
Back