Sputtering at high speeds

Ilikebikes._

Local time
4:31 AM
I use the NT carburetor I tried adjusting the C clip on the needle and I can't get it to run good at high speeds. Is there a air filter that can help with this or an exhaust system? It has a smooth idle.

I'd look at a lack enough fuel flow...
Dirty in tank filter for example.

If it only happens at high speed, your engine may want more gas than your fuel system can provide.

is motor run in yet?
I dont know how old it is but I think it is run in.

I run 20:1 ratio.
Are there any clues to find out what the problem is like the spark plug color(greasy white yellow spark blue spark). Because the spark is yellow and it is white on the end.

as KC said then, you may be too lean - check fuel flow and carb settings, and I'd go to 32:1 on the mix

Could be a lot things just about everything you can think of.

But when breaking in a motor it will sputter due to 16:1 then again my magneto filled up with half a cup of rainwater and oil gave me all kinds of problems never thought that could be it next CDI went out a sign your s is defective on the way to the grave yet still working. It's gonna be everything!

always do one thing at a time - first less oil and try it, then start looking at fuel flow and try it, then carb settings

always do one thing at a time - first less oil and try it, then start looking at fuel flow and try it, then carb settings
Is it bad for the motor When it does it.
And btw do you know if its ever possible to bend the shaft that the small sprocket is on?

If not are there any good tips to adjusting a bouncy chain or should i just make a spring chain tensioner. This bike has been making me angry today.

A bouncy chain is usually caused by the rear sprocket not being perfectly trued. You gotta get that sprocket concentric on the wheel and have no side to side wobble.

Back