squirrel from australia

good on you. nice bit of nonsense.

I had the thought that, for ebikes ebikes in particular, its all much like the early days of cars - improv, retrofits & an avalanche of innovation.

A factory built ebike e.g., has no ; lights, storage, lock, rear view, indicators, wind shield, wiring loom for accessories ...

Imagine producing even the most cheap ass car along those lines?

We are privileged to live in times when you can DIY a vehicle, much as in the times of the wright bros & young henry ford.

A paradigm shift is hub motors. In theory, no axles are required for trikes and quads - each wheel can have its own motor if it is intelligently controlled - even steering can be done non mechanically.
good on you. nice bit of nonsense.

I had the thought that, for ebikes ebikes in particular, its all much like the early days of cars - improv, retrofits & an avalanche of innovation.

A factory built ebike e.g., has no ; lights, storage, lock, rear view, indicators, wind shield, wiring loom for accessories ...

Imagine producing even the most cheap ass car along those lines?

We are privileged to live in times when you can DIY a vehicle, much as in the times of the wright bros & young henry ford.

A paradigm shift is hub motors. In theory, no axles are required for trikes and quads - each wheel can have its own motor if it is intelligently controlled - even steering can be done non mechanically.

You're right we are very lucky Bastuds To be living in a time where we can build our cycles and vehicles like the Wright brothers spoken like a true genius. I'm going to steal that quote from you mate.
Hope you don't mind Bob from Chicago. I got a friend who migrated out to Australia as well he thinks my bike is the cat's meow he loves it I think he's going to start getting into it, ways to ride BMX bikes together back in the seventies in the eighties. His name is Eric really cool dude.

Pretty cool, but I would like more padding on the seat and a cup holder. Much of what I know about Australia was learned from watching Lockie Leonard on Roku tubitv. From the show I see Australia borders an ocean.

Further, we are adults are all egocentrics, as one does.

we adults have drivers licences and cars. kids (and the poor) dont.

What about rural kids e.g. Its not much of a life if immobile, as reflected by drug penetration in isolated communities.

My parents as kids and i as a kid have been there -rural i mean.

in dads case, broken hill, its pretty bad, true OZ outback. But there is a magic river 20 miles away they used to ride to and camp. fond memories, but too hard for most kids.

getting to town for mum was about 15km over a ridge. she admirably rode to high school, but am sure she thought twice about any trip socially.

even the modest american designed town of griffith (same guy as canberra) i lived in, friends in the same town could be so far away as to be more trouble than worth to hang at home with.

its sad we cant curtail our primal urges to have bigger faster everything cos we ~legally can, for now. But each idiot racer on a bush track is slowly crueling future generations chances of using a perfectly harmless modest trail mobility device - a 25cc honda on a bicycle built right could take you awesome places and not be much bother.

Even thats overkill at 900 watts constant. 300 would do on an alloy trail bike, 150 for a hybrid electric w/ small battery. They have been banned needlessly due to lack of consideration for others. In your face mufflers. trashing grass surfaces, rude riding etc.

Back