srdavo's pics

Here's a pic of my 55 cc dirt bike I built in 2005.

59_sept24_009_1.jpg

This is my Charcoal powered trike....
59_122805_001_1.jpg I can't ride it....but a guy's gotta eat!

and finally......
59_nov22_021_1.jpg I call this, "Siamese Schwinns"

I really enjoy this forum.
Dave

Last edited:
Springer

Hi Rif, I didn't know murry built those, Sears was importing bikes from Germany alot at that time, I've got a few of those hanging on the "Wall of Shame" Down here we call that style "Mousetrap" tho it alos looks like a clothespin, Glad to hear you are running, even at least a bit,

Mike

Yeah, I have a Sears/higgins "sprotsman" built by Raleigh from the same period, but those early middleweights were manufactured for sears by Murray. in the late sixties, they switched manufacturers to Huffy. I have a huffy built higgins 24" from then.
I just sold my (Murray) Sears Spaceliner barn fresh basket case to a buddy and in two hours he had it all cleaned, greased, and rolling.
He does custom hot rod cars, his brother does brit bike customs, and I do bikes, so we all kinda hook each other up wih stuff.
Anyway, srdavo- Love your work and your creative perspective!!!
Keep it up my man!

thanks Rif.

and thanks guys for the history info....looks like my spaceliner springer found an appropriate home on a Murray.

Hey Davo,
You just can't kick that porta-pit habbit. can ya?
Dyno mite
Keep us posted and throw some shrimp on the Barbie for me!
Doc :)

thats cool 8) 8) , srdavo. i read the other topic w/some mention of the engine...are those still being produced? looks vintage. if no, are you able to get parts?
Happy:mrgreen:
ps-like the trike :D :D

i luv dat trike...i've taken her on a coupla (mental) 15mph rides along the bay and it handles just fine 8)

you're gonna have to bring it, & the side-pit, up here next summer :LOL:

my new ride

here's my mock up pic. I painted the frame yesterday...gonna start assembling today...more pics to come.

Attachments

• haa1.JPG
    haa1.JPG
    100.9 KB · Views: 296
a teaser

here's where I'm at now....got a ways to go.

the 2nd pic is my Russian inspiration.

Attachments

• 100_1530y.JPG
    100_1530y.JPG
    32.9 KB · Views: 292
  • album_pic.jpg
    album_pic.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 1,162
Back