srdavo's pics

Here's a pic of my 55 cc dirt bike I built in 2005.

59_sept24_009_1.jpg

This is my Charcoal powered trike....
59_122805_001_1.jpg I can't ride it....but a guy's gotta eat!

and finally......
59_nov22_021_1.jpg I call this, "Siamese Schwinns"

I really enjoy this forum.
Dave

Last edited:
Tom,
Thanks. The cooling fins came painted. I bought a couple Grubee 55cc's back in '04. This one sat in the box till last year. I'm sure the rest could be painted to match.

Augi,
Bar-b-q to go....my buddy calls it " meals on wheels "

Rusty

Meet Rusty....this is my first motor bike. I pedalled this bike for 3 years. A rescued 1953 Schwinn......the frame was the only thing left worth salvaging. (well worth it... in my mind haha) we're on our 4th fork....3rd seat.....3rd handlebars....2nd set of tires...2nd engine....& 2001st grin!!!but the rust is all origional. haha you could say we have a history.

59_120506_005_1.jpg

btw.....Rusty is hanging here because of a flat tire....& prolly a much needed rest. geez...I need to clean ,my garage...haha
thats all I got...for now....
Dave

Last edited:
AFTER
this pic was taken in 05

59_bruiser_1.jpg

my 2nd build, this bike has turned into my daily ride. 24 inch wheels. the stingray tires (front tires from the OCC Schwinn) have lasted a lot of miles, showing very little wear. I'm running a 48 cc skyhawk, with a 48 tooth sprocket. It runs flat out 27 mph & has excellent take-off. this bike begs to be run wide open. I've since added a rear rack and saddle bags to carry a few tools & spare parts. the rack holds a 12 pack beer like it was made for it.

BEFORE
this is where it started --- 1973 boys 26inch 3 speed Schwinn-- found on a junk pile on my buddy's farm. FREEBEE!!

59_x95tmp1_1.jpg

Last edited:
srdavo, i like the classic look, but i'm really happy with the mountain bike look, too...nice bike 8)

Trike

My bbq trike has moved on to a new project......here's my mock up.
Old Murry cruiser, and a Gobby trike rear-end. 45cc Russian engine.

59_100_1333_1.jpg

Can anybody name this springer? I have a complete bike of this same brand......hint-----> mid 1960's.

59_100_1336_1.jpg

I was able to attach a 44 tooth sprocket to the original hub, making an easy jackshaft....of sorts.

59_100_1334_1.jpg

Last edited:
man, oh, man...i can't wait to watch this one! your concept is too cool 8)

i have no idea what that springer came off of...i'll guess later after i've searched around a bit :)

Hmmmmm.

Is the springer from a Roadmaster?
I had a bike with that frontend years ago, but my memory fails me now....

Back