Stage 1 CDI problems

NicoMec

Local time
8:34 AM
So I recently had an issue with my old CDI and bought a new one. I'm pretty sure I wired everything correctly and did everything else right on my motor but I still cannot get it to start. The picture is how I have it wired and also a picture of some gas leaking from the spark plug which I am not sure why is happening or if it could also be the issue as well. Also if anyone is familiar with this CDI, where my finger is I unscrewed the cable and it felt like it was working but not sure if I ripped the cable or not.
20230523_211400.jpg
20230523_211751.jpg

Pull the plug and put it in the end of the boot, rest the plug on the engine and turn the rear wheel to turn over engine and check for spark. You will have to prop the bike up to turn the wheel.

Where does the white wire go? I don't see the end of it. It's best to take the mag cover off and just cut the white wire off at the coil and pull it out and discard. If it grounds out, you'll never get it to start.

Pull the plug and put it in the end of the boot, rest the plug on the engine and turn the rear wheel to turn over engine and check for spark. You will have to prop the bike up to turn the wheel.

Where does the white wire go? I don't see the end of it. It's best to take the mag cover off and just cut the white wire off at the coil and pull it out and discard. If it grounds out, you'll never get it to start.
gotcha, I have tucked in but I'll cut it

Back