Stage6 dio reed intake

DieselTech

Local time
3:17 AM
Everyone I bought a reed valve intake setup for my next 2 stroke project. It's a stage6 dio & a really nice setup. But does anyone know what the different profile of reed stoppers are for? The ones that came installed have holes in them & no side wings. The extra set is stainless with no holes & has side wings on them. Heres a couple pics, if any knows I'd like to hear the answer.
20211119_202231.jpg
20211119_202812.jpg

To me no, the solid reed stoppers only let reeds open 1/2 of the other ones. I think the solid reed stoppers would be easier on your reeds, also I think since they dont open as far they would create more velocity. Thus creating more torque & power. I'm not sure, hopefully someone knows.

I know different reed thicknesses & materials can be used to tune your engine to your desired sweet spot.

If I did I over looked them, Lol or dont know what I'm looking at. What do they look like?

Ok I took my intake apart again to look at reed cage. I think the reed stoppers with the holes are for reeds with 4 pedals. The reeds in the cage now are just a 2 pedal reed & meant to be used with the solid reed stoppers. I'm curious now, I think they shorted me the 4 pedal reeds & the reed stuffers. Heres couple more pics.
20211120_010127.jpg
20211120_010009.jpg

Everyone I bought a reed valve intake setup for my next 2 stroke project. It's a stage6 dio & a really nice setup. But does anyone know what the different profile of reed stoppers are for? The ones that came installed have holes in them & no side wings. The extra set is stainless with no holes & has side wings on them. Heres a couple pics, if any knows I'd like to hear the answer.
You for sure don't want them to open to far, snapppppppp. Well after a while of to far they snap off. I don't know on the dio, never used them. I do know it's not really how far they open that determines its output though. A good designed set doesn't need to extend to the max for good performance. It's the material of the reed that decides the output. Carbon fiber is stiffer and better for high rpm ( helps prevent flutter) and fiberglass is better for a torque build( opens quicker and responds to the engines signal faster but tend to flutter in the 10k range). An then you have the multimaterial reeds which are a whole other ball game. I'd use the shorter duration stops personally. I don't go for max power or max rpms on any of my builds. I like life in my engines and their parts.

Edit, ok one build I am going for max, thats OL' Red the nitro breather. I tried Carbon fiber on her, ehhh it hurt low end, so I went back to the fiber glass reed and saving the Carbon fiber for the engine I just built.

Oh and I would think the shorter duration stops would be for a stiffer reed, and the wider set for a more pliable reed.

Thanks, lol they got reed materials I cant even pronounce. Like karbonit & garolite, I heard the karbonit is really good stuff for reeds, but its expensive.

Back