Starrman15's vent

2 stroke vs. 4 stroke....

Bama' again thanks for the advice!

The convenience of some of the Robins traits I know will be lost BUT performance & power are more important to myself.

The "mixing up a big batch of fuel for the 2-stroke" is invaluable!

Before even having purchased a 2 stroke, I thought about mixing up a big ol'
can of fuel.

Good to know that is a "No No"

Well, I'd better get to bed or I'll have no voice for the gig tomorrow!

Thanks again!!

Starrman15

I'm telling you bro you want power and performance the Tanaka 40cc is the Beast. Here is the link to my drive by video on google video.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4083020931969659934

Check it out, I put it up there because there is no video on google that shows the tanaka 40 kit on a bicycle. If you can, please give it a good review\rate ,so it gets some stars and more people view it.
Moondog in OHIO

Pretty Fast!!

Just checked out the vid.
That Tanaka 40cc flat out flies!

We are both above the "2 buck" weight range so it appears thats the engine for me!!

Hearing something down the road & seeing that bicycle come into view going by that fast....
Really amusing you have to admit!

Starrman15

do you still like you tanaka

Hey Star , I picked up a GEBE Tanaka 40 kit a few weeks back. I needed the extra power more than anything. My friend has a Tanaka 33 cc kit and it just won't hack it on some of the massive hills/ mountians here in the Ohio valley where I live. I'm right across from Wheeling WV on the Ohio side up above bridegport Oh. We have some 10 mile long straight up hills here and the 40 has done the job on the couple I have tried so far. I'm just using the 13 gear right now. Ordered a 12 trail gear but they were sold out right now. I'm 220 pounds and I'm getting a steady 33.4 mph on the flat with no pedaling. I did get 35mph once. I have about 75 miles on it right now so its not broke in yet. On most hills it will hold a steady 25 mph up it with no pedaling. It starts up really easy and after the first start of the day it only takes half a pull to start it the rest of the day.
It is louder than the 33 but I can't ***** because it does what the 33 can't.
I have been trying to vary the throttle more this last week to help with the break in and I'm going to just do some straights for the next 50miles for the break in. The cops don't mess with me around here, the worse of it all is the coal trucks here on US 250. That can get a little hairy at times. You just learn to stand your ground and stay right in the center of your lane till you get to a safe spot to were they can go around you. If you stay to the side on certian areas people will just about kill you when passing. If your still thinking about the 40cc and have any questions feel free to ask. I hear there is a big increase around 125 miles or so when the engine starts to break in.
I can't what for that to happen. Matt M in OHIO

hello mat

i just got a gebe and put a honda gx35 engine, im thinking to upgrade it to a tanaka 40, are you still happy with the tanaka, what max speed did you end up achieving. thank you in advance

gerry

Wow! Long Time Ago!

Yes, I toyed with the Tanaka 40cc upgrade idea for a while.
& I am certain it WILL do the job!
I purchased the Robin without doing enough research.
Great little engine but no speed at all.
Just not what it was designed for though....Oh well...live & learn.

I became so tired of having to re-weld the engine bracket(s) on the GEBE system I looked in another sturdier direction.
They break where the "bends'" or curves below where the motor mounts too easily for my taste.
I finally had someone make a completely new bracket that I created.
We designed it "Double thickness & strength" so no problems after that.
It is only the original thickness where the engine mounts & at the axle.

But I had too much invested in that deal to get another engine so I went the "Happy Timer" route.

I have the Honda GXH50 mounted on another mountain bike.
Purchased the kit from Bird Dog in Montana.
Very good company & great people to deal with!
They even included a thank you card with my purchase!

Now, this kit was NOT an easy install....but they were there when I needed help.
My Dad to be totally honest did an incredible job putting this bike together!
I did not have the skills nor patience to do it right.

Now, the kit was not without it's problems I will not lie.
Thing would not get out of it's tracks until I figured out it did not have the proper carby as the Hussein engine had that was the cheaper option.
But I HAD to have the Honda.....oh well...My bad....LOL!

BUT a fine gentleman from this very site directed me in the right direction & I purchased a Carb from Dax & have never looked back.

I have tried to find the very informative note he sent me instructing me what to purchase & where to thank him!
At present, I can't find it.
I have been spending so much time riding that machine that I am never on here anymore.
Maybe it is contained in a thread instead of a PM.
Anyway, Thank you!

To sum up, the Bike (I mounted the kit on a nearly brand new never ridden Huffy Yosimite early 90's 26' mountain Bike) runs like a scalded dog!!

I have no idea how fast it might really go as I do not trust the old fashioned brakes LOL!
Suffice it to say, my cateye speedometer clocked a max speed of 38.5 on a flat heading towards one of those police speed meters which also displayed 38 MPH before I let off the gas.

I think that is plenty of speed for a bicycle & have no intention of running it any faster LOL!
The thing will probably do 40 Mph but I don't need or want to know about it.

With that said, I still enjoy my GEBE fitted bike with the Robin on occasion as it still rides & behaves more like a natural Bicycle.
In fact I rode around 30 miles a few days ago & enjoyed myself.

& If I had all the knowledge I have now back then, I would purchase the Tanaka 40cc.
I personally think that you can't have enough HP or speed.
I mean, you don't have to use it!
But it sure comes in handy when you are commuting with these crazy drivers trying to run you down!

The Honda fitted bike behaves more like a motorcycle to be honest.
& pedaling it for exercise is not a fun option.
But it IS fast & powerful!
Straight up steep hills at 25!
& I weigh 215!

The GEBE bike, is well....still a bicycle & I LIKE that!
I wish those kits were not so expensive or I might purchase another.
But that is not an option at this time.

So....2 Bikes of different types & design work for me at present.
Kudos to all of you who purchased the Tanaka GEBE system!
Wish I had!
Ride safe, as that engine rocks!

Wow, Starrman, it's been 3 years!:bowdown:

I can't count how many engines and bikes I've been through since then.:whistle:

How ya doin? Do you have a frame-mounted Honda 50?

Wow, long time 5-7Heaven!

How is it in your beautiful paradise?

Yep, I went 4 the speed & power.
Honda GHX50cc Skyhawk.

Not riding today though....having chain issues.
Hopefully taking a link or 2 out will fix the problem.

Yes, I bet you have been through mare than a few bikes since we last talked!
I am sure motorized bikes are much more popular where you are than here.

Well, back to work.
Take care & great hearing from ya!

Actually, not too many motorized bikes with a population of over 900,000.:geek:

Maybe I've only seen five others, and two of them are my good friends.

Nice to hear from you again, Starrman.

Back