starter generator

J

japat100

next bike ,small 4 cycle gas motor with starter generator ,with 2 ,,,500 watt hubs on bike ,, just think electric start ,, no clutch ,no chain, no grease, no worry about sprocket,no worry about 120 power to charge battery,, now you would be a electric bike power assist for sure ,,no questions from law officers ,, good for 30 mph and use 2nd 500 watt hub on bike for hill only
thats the way to go ,and thats the way i am going ,,,final answer

japat

interesting....

are you planning on powering your 500w motors directly from your gas powered generator?

or are you going to use the generator as an onboard battery charger?

I'm gonna be watching this one 8)

i am thinking of a on board battery ,, generator would not produce a clean dc voltage like a battery would ,, and with the battery you would have electric start plus you could store energy to run your bike without gas motor .it also gives you energy for lights etc and as long as you have a motor with fins etc. on flywheel your motor could charge battery while having dinner etc , also have option to plug in 120 ,, when you think of all the thing that are run on diesel electric ,ocean liners ,trains ,it only make you think why not .. yes it would be a little heaver ,but i have no plans on lifting ,thats what wheels are for ,

my wife is over weight ,but i did not take her home to weight her
japat

Back