Starting again!

Spring time rides had me questioning the engines strength on my personal/race bike,It was still running well but lost some pull after over 1k of hard miles. So I figured time to rebuild again and since I had to pull the engine I figured might aswell take it all apart and start over since it has been 5 years since it was first built I think it was due!
2018-07-25 23.32.32.jpg

My referance to knife edging is for the rod to reduce the turbulance caused by it's passing through the charge, if you look at the pic's above the transfer area of cylinder base is both it has a thin edge with a cruved radius into the track.
yes i noticed that you said that, i have done it with RC nitro engines.
I was looking at the pics though

Yes it's a bit deceiving,it's 9 and 3/4 inches. Some of what I've found so far is that the MZ likes to be much leaner than my previous pipe and dosen't hit as hard (pull) with a very narrow band width of around 2k rpm, when it is pushed past it's peak it's way to lean not having the extra charge the pipe delivers.The shortened length of header that should have shifted the peak up higher didn't really the chamber get's pressurized to soon and it still hit's early.
So what do you think, spend the time making the mz fit my frame or just start over with a different pipe? It's cut up and the new pieces are cut, just needs to be welded.

So what do you think, spend the time making the mz fit my frame or just start over with a different pipe? It's cut up and the new pieces are cut, just needs to be welded.
The MZ pipe works it's just limited with narrow band width and leaner burn(less power) than a larger pipe! If it's ready to be fitted go for it,if you find it's not what you wanted it can be sold off, it's still a very popular pipe and it's value fitted to the hyper frame stays close to what you payed for it so your good!

Back