Engine Trouble Starting issues

furweider691

Local time
4:58 AM
Yeah , I was looking through threads couldnt find any thing on my issue , my motor won't start , I put on choke and she peddles easier and sounds like she wants to start , but when I return to open choke and peddle it will start and run for like 40 seconds and die , I have spark , compression seems good , just cleaned and examined the carb , had cylinder off bike to repair exhaust thread , put back together now won't start . If any one has any suggestions , would greatly appreciate , thanks in advance. Stock Zeda 80 , NT carb , stock exhaust.

Nah, it sounds like it usually does , like it wants to run , but I just keep peddling and nothing , it's hot here so it takes it out of you quick . It does sound different when I choke it though , just weaker kinda compression.

Nah, it sounds like it usually does , like it wants to run , but I just keep peddling and nothing , it's hot here so it takes it out of you quick . It does sound different when I choke it though , just weaker kinda compression

Air leak, Could be either the head gasket the Cyl base gasket or intake manifold gasket.

An Intake leak has the same symptoms as if the engine was starved for fuel

What wrench said, and check your plug, and while it's out, check the color of your spark. It's should be blue, white, or purple. Yellow orange is a weak spark. Check gap, sometimes the electrode is crap and moves. From what I know, wrench is thinking what I am thinking, it's lean. Check the fuel needle in the bowl for obstructions, and the jet too.

Back