Starting on my first bike

SubCom

Local time
5:53 PM
New to the forums and motorized bikes. I have restored motorcycles in the past and am looking forward to a new bike build.

I picked up a Felt Twin today and have plans to add a motor and a sidecar for my dog.

This should be fun.

sounds cool.
Welcome from a fellow newbie. This is a great site for anything you need to know.
Be sure to check out all of the safety stuff.....a thread called "Fallen MBer" is one I recomend, in addition to all of the tech and how to stuff. Keep in mind that just because these start out as bicycles, what you do to it changes it and it becomes more than just a childs plaything.

Welcome to this place!
You are beginning a journey that can take you to many awesome places, both physically and personally.
Please do heed Stan4d's recommendations. These bikes are definately not a child's toy.
Taking a vehicle that was intended to travel around 15 mph and making it go 30-40 mph on a regular basis requires proper modification, frequent maintenance and sensible safety gear.
When you pull all of it together correctly, you get to enjoy a different view of life. It can be a real eye opener to alot of people, even those who come from a motorcycling background, like myself.
Enjoy!

Thanks for the advice.

I am already planning some safety improvements for the bike. The bike and hack are getting fitted out with new brakes. The sidecar was an easy fabrication but I hate to strip the beautiful paint on the Felt in order to weld brackets for the disk break.

I have been riding since I was 6 and got stuck on a Honda Trail 50 by my uncle so I am pretty aware of what can and will go wrong on two wheels. Helmet, pants, gloves are all a must when I ride.

I may take risks with myself, but not my dog.

lol...sorry if I spoke to you as if you had no experience with motored bikes. Its the newbie tag they give us. I do ask you to share some of your experiences....some of us (like me) with less would benifit.
Again, welcome!
and please do not put riding chaps on the dog,,,,,I think that is illegal to do that to an animal in most states.

New to the forums and motorized bikes. I have restored motorcycles in the past and am looking forward to a new bike build.

I picked up a Felt Twin today and have plans to add a motor and a sidecar for my dog.

This should be fun.

I motorized a felt red barron... great bikes.

here is mine... please post some pics of yours when you are finished.

newrbside2.jpg

Would love to see a photo of your dog in those (Helmet, pants, gloves).

Tom

WOW! A troll in a welcome thread. Nice to see they inhabit all kinds of forums.

give me vtec...Is that a motocross reserve tank that you are using to hold your fuel?

Back