Starting on this Purple Haze

Good color. Just a note from past experience. The pedestel mounts are notorious for breaking at the weld to frame connection sometimes cracking the down tube as well. It's happened to tons of people. A strong suggestion to protect your investment is a universal mount. It's a bit of a pain in the ass to remove the pedestal, But IMO worth it to avoid ruining that beauty.
CNC UNIVERSAL MOTOR MOUNT 80CC GAS MOTORIZED BICYCLE - 1.5 Inch (CHROME) | eBay
View media item 61901

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Damn thanks for the heads up. I really don't wanna remove that off the frame now. My other bike hasn't had that issue so far. I won't be going to hard on this one.

Oh my god I almsot had a heart attack, wich went away only after opening the thread... My friend once told me that they have some kind of drug in the Netherlands called purple haze and I thought you are starting to use it.. I'm not tired at all.

Purple Haze was a name for Acid in the 60's named after Hendrix's song. Along with purple double dome, orange sunshine, orange barrel, sugar cube, blotter, window pain, and probably a bunch of others my old ass can't remember trying back in the day.

Damn thanks for the heads up. I really don't wanna remove that off the frame now. My other bike hasn't had that issue so far. I won't be going to hard on this one.
I know what you mean. I hope your's doesn't have this issue. I would say about 30% of the bikes I have built on this style frame have failed at this point thus making me decide to no longer use the mount provided because I felt since I know of the weakness I need to go the extra yard to provide a better produce. Nice bike, that pipe should rip.

Mount it to the front mount and figure out how much you have to shim the rear mount. The mount was designed for that stupid rubber front mount. To my knowledge just about all the tank frames are.

Back