Starting over on the GEBE...

Thanks guys. Alaska- Yeah I do need to paint those screw heads, Or replace them with brass ones. The frame will be black. :) Sam- I had thought of that jewel thing but just haven't gotten to that point yet, I had to stop to work on some vintage bicycles for other peoples, and I'm moving into a new shop space; so I had to put a hold on the project. I will look into that though, I do agree with you it is the correct look for this tail lamp... Again, thanks guys!!!

Whew!!! It's been a while, but I have just finished 2 bikes (vintage bicycles, non motored) for other people's, and am well on the way to finishing two more. So I can Finally get back to work on my own projects, mauinly the Gebe 'Addams Flyer'. I hope to have this baby done and cruising for the August meet in Ocean Park... More to come as the build up progresses...

For the past few weeks, I have been on the go. I feel like I've been working 7 days straight, for the past month.
Between my "real" job on the weekends, working on other folks bicycles, helping my dad remodel, and trying to get house/yard stuff done, well I finally had enough. I took a day to myself in the ol' workshop. I've gotten tired of waiting to get back to my 'Addams Flyer' project, so on that particular day, I pulled out a few bits from the parts stock, and I took my daily cruiser, a newer vintage Columbia ballooner with cantilever frame and factory black 'sparkley' paint. After a couple of hours, I had a bike worthy of the Gebe kit not only to start the break in but also to get out there on for some happy fun times of just riding to nowhere. So this columbia now has my '05 NE5 Whizzer wheels and brakes with flat black aluminum hoops, spare black Whizzer suspension fork, Whizzer center stand, and blackwall balloon tires. She rides like a dream in pedal mode, and with some luck I'll carve out a bit of time to weld on mounting tabs at the dropouts for engine kit mounting as well as fabing a custom upper mount bracket set up. This little adaptation should only take a couple of hours (If I can get people to stop coming in the shop to 'chat'; keeping me from my work and breaking me out of the groove). I will try to shoot some pics tomorrow for ya. I call it 'Black Sunshine'.
Thanks for letting me ramble on some more...

Last edited by a moderator:
"Finally nothing moves. high noon.
Black top rolling below the asphalt drive
A concrete fascination scraping the edge of nothing
This is black sunshine..."
Rob Zombie

This isn't anything special. It's not like, "OMG!! This is the !@#$%* coolest thing ever!" it's just a bike with some heavy duty parts for motorizing. I just wanted to post it 'cause it's fun to build then do some show and tell... It's probably not permanent either, I'm just using it as a platform for the engine until the actual bike (Addams Flyer) is ready for the engine. Still, it doesn't change the fact that it's fun as anything to get dirty building things in the shop...

Attachments

• Columbia GEBE.jpg
    Columbia GEBE.jpg
    233.7 KB · Views: 235
I got mine as a used unit from mike simpson, but I'm sure any of the dealers on here can probably help you out... You could also keep an eye out on ebay.

Well Black Sunshine is all but ready for the rally in a few weeks. I built a complete wiring harness with Headlamp, taillamp, and on/off toggle. So we are now desperately trying to finish the battery box, and harness covers in time... Should be great!!!

Attachments

• black sunshine light1.jpg
    black sunshine light1.jpg
    241 KB · Views: 216
  • black sunshine light2.jpg
    black sunshine light2.jpg
    213.4 KB · Views: 215
  • black sunshine light3.jpg
    black sunshine light3.jpg
    242 KB · Views: 200
Back