Starting second build.

IMAG0369.jpg.

I'm gonna be building this LeTour in the next few weeks. I already have part of the shift kit installed and will be posting follow ups when I can. I was pretty happy with the kit I got. Much better than the first one. It actually came with a nicer carb and the long offset intake. Has anyone used one of the long tanks that hang under the toptube? I can't find what the measurements are. In this pic everything is just kinda mocked up and I was surprised how well it fit. Lookin forward to this build.

IMAG0374.jpgIMAG0375.jpgIMAG0374.jpg

These two pics are of where I tried to ground my kill switch. One try was under the cdi box. I sanded a small part of the frame to bare metal and taped it down real tight. Second try was to one of the front motor mounts. Not sure where else to try.

Attachments

• IMAG0379.jpg
    IMAG0379.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 337
  • IMAG0378.jpg
    IMAG0378.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 333
  • IMAG0377.jpg
    IMAG0377.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 296
  • IMAG0376.jpg
    IMAG0376.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 311
Not sure why the three pics on the bottom came up but they are just a few of the finished bike. Other than the kill switch issue its runnin like a champ. Started up first time I popped the clutch and has been running awesome. Took a few laps around work to see how it was doin and went over everything and tightened a couple loose screws. The only thing I had to adjust was the idle. It was a bit fast. Me and one of the guys I work with were amazed that it started right up and kept runninng first try. Then went on an 8 mile ride from work to home. Shifting with the jack shaft kit takes some getting used to, but I'm already in love with this bike. Only two or three other mb around here, I forgot how much people stare...

Nice build. Even though it has narrow tires, it looks like it has tough hubs. I usually connect my ground wire to a bolt that threads onto the frame, like a bottle cage bolt. I didn't see a bolt like that in your frame.

I got the kill switch worked out. Now the only thing I have left to do is dress up the wiring and make it look a little better. I went on another little ride today and it was running great. I made a noon mistake though and it cost me. I was so excited to leave that I forgot to take a spare tube and inflator. I had to push my bike about 2 miles back home. And of coarse its mostly uphill. Lesson learned and will be prepared next time...

Road tires are tougher to patch than mountain bike tires. (Tighter fit) I would consider putting slime in the tubes. A lot of people hate slime, but it has been good to me.Just carry a mini-pump or CO2 inflator. Auto parts stores sell plastic coverings for your wiring. One side is split to allow your to slip the covering over your wiring. No need to take your wiring connections apart to install the covering.

I'm not a big fan of slime. I work at a bicycle shop. I just carry extra tubes and a co2 inflator, usually. I had to replace my rear wheel cause it just kept going out of true. It was thirty something years old so I guess can't expect too much from it. I've been lookin at mountain bikes. Really thinkin its the way to go. Smoother ride and lower gearing is a better way to go. For me at least. I never use my highest gears anyway.

Back