Starting to look like something.

PAPAROACH

Local time
3:59 PM
Well since the last photos i have done some things to the bike that have made it much better. I finally got some brakes although not rear brakes, still trying to figure that one out. Got a sweet $ 10.00 speedometer that i have no clue if it tells the truth. Installed a sound dampening kit which i have to say is awesome for vibration and sound. I put a Sweet 50. cal ammo can on the back next to the seat which is great for a 6 pack o-beer. I put the pedals back on but having trouble bending the left one just right to clear the pull start and be straight. Got a mirror to see the idiots approaching from the rear. Bought a head light today at Pep Boys and thinking if i can steal my daughters power wheels battery. I have a couple more things that i have planned like a throttle cable roller bearing thingee. Also is a photo of what the $20 bike looked like when i got it.

Attachments

• 1011001150.jpg
    1011001150.jpg
    155.8 KB · Views: 187
  • old pics of Meredith 033.jpg
    old pics of Meredith 033.jpg
    165.9 KB · Views: 175
  • old pics of Meredith 034.jpg
    old pics of Meredith 034.jpg
    156 KB · Views: 170
  • old pics of Meredith 036.jpg
    old pics of Meredith 036.jpg
    142.7 KB · Views: 206
Wow... you are literally sitting on the center line of the rear axle???

Is that front end not very light and come off the ground while hitting bumps???

actually, the rear brake is simple.
just use the stock caliper and put a spacer under the left side caliper where it bolts to the frame and bend the caliper up slightly. this will help it clear the chain.

Bending peddle cranks is not a good thing ! You need to fix the clearance problem by modifing the exhaust pipe or get a wide crank assembly. If you bend one crank it's going to mess up the diameter of the crank rotation pattern. One foot will making a larger circular pattern than the other foot when peddling. If there's more than an inth of an inch of differance, you'll notice it and probably won't like it !

Last edited:
Bending peddle cranks is not a good thing ! You need to fix the clearance problem by modifing the exhaust pipe or get a wide crank assembly. If you bend one crank it's going to mess up the diameter of the crank rotation pattern. One foot will making a larger circular pattern than the other foot when peddling. If there's more than an inth of an inch of differance, you'll notice it and probably won't like it !
heck, all i did on my o.c.c chopper was cut a little off the backside of the crank (on the left to clear the exhaust).
I had to remove about 1/4" of the material so that the left crank would clear the exhaust pipe. I don't peddle my bike so if i bent the cranks for clearance, it wouldn't matter to me.
Actually i have my cranks mounted so thet they are both in the down postion at the same time...they are just used for foot rests and not for peddling.

Back