Staton 3.11 on a GEBE

hmmm. only 8mm? That does not seem like much of an improvement in strength over the GEBE belt. I am wanting something that is like a solid inch wide or something. I guess I would be getting in the way of the stays with that though...

8mm is the pitch of the belt not the width. I would and I'm sure the folks at Pfeifer will recommend a belt 20mm - 25mm wide. The GEBE belt is a 5mm pitch HTD X 9mm wide. The belts I'm going to be using for my set up are 5mm pitch X 20mm - 25mm wide, but I'm only dealing with a 2 HP motor that revs to 7800 rpm max. As for clearing the stays, maybe a problem but I think maybe not.

ocscully

I will have to check out my bike. The main thing I am afraid of with going to a chain drive is the stories I have heard about chains breaking and then getting into the spokes and locking the rear wheel while at speed. If this happened to me in the middle of traffic ...

Of course, I could enclose the chain in something to prevent it from getting out if it broke, but then it could still theoretically get caught on the sprocket, lock up and kill me...

Back