Staton chain drive (I can never figure it out)

T

TWalker

Drives me crazy that Staton doesnt show what comes shipped with his kits and hes pretty much lost me as a customer because of it.

For example: The Robin chain drive: does it come with the hub, sprocket, and wheel stuff or is it a seperate thing? At the bottom it shows what additional items customers bought including hubs, wheels etc. It makes me feel I need to purchase things seperately.

Does it come with the hub & sprocket and I just need to lace it in the wheel?

It seems pretty straight forward to me. You get everything you need except the rim. You can have the hub laced into your existing rim, or Staton will sell you a rim (extra cost), or you can buy the hub already laced into a rim (extra cost). I would recommend calling David and getting the hub laced into a Ryno Lite rim and sent to you ready to install.

How is it straight forward? It doesn't say that, how did you get that info?

So it comes with the hub: how many spoke holes in the hub?

http://www.staton-inc.com/Details.asp?ProductID=3186

It says right on the page what you see is not what you get; you will have to fabricate. I guess I just don't want to call and ask do I get this piece or that piece....is this included , is this not included...maybe because I had a bad expererience on the phone with him and did buy a $650 friction kit. I guess I just want a picture of the kit, my problem I guess.

But anyway I just bought a Dax kit so it doesn't matter,I'm a fan of Staton quality but I'm giving Dax a try this time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Staten Obfuscation

Walker is correct--Staten--as with many manufacturers appeal to only those who enjoy spending hours and hours modifying things in order to make the system work--that is precisely why I purchased a GEBE--it offered the least complications.

staten
How is it straight forward? It doesn't say that, how did you get that info?

So it comes with the hub: how many spoke holes in the hub?

http://www.staton-inc.com/Details.asp?ProductID=3186

It says right on the page what you see is not what you get; you will have to fabricate. I guess I just don't want to call and ask do I get this piece or that piece....is this included , is this not included...maybe because I had a bad expererience on the phone with him and did buy a $650 friction kit. I guess I just want a picture of the kit, my problem I guess.

But anyway I just bought a Dax kit so it doesn't matter,I'm a fan of Staton quality but I'm giving Dax a try this time.

I ordered my Rhoadescar kit last week of '09, made a phone call per week, and am NOT really sure he has the Honda 50cc in stock...

GEBE spoiled me on shipping/service, everything done by e-mail with Julia, and little hassle.

But they don't do trikes, so I'm stuck.

Back