Staton Friction Drive Kit w/ Mitsubishi 2.2 HP Engine

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is essentially brand new. I put it on my bike, rode it maybe 8 blocks, and decided that a 2 stroke is too loud for my tastes. Has gobs of power though, and should have even more once it's broke in.

It's the Staton friction drive kit w/ a 1 1/8" roller and Mitsubishi TLE 43 motor w/ 2.2 hp. Complete kit w/ kill switch, gas tank, all mounting brackets and bolts. I paid over $510 for this w/ shipping and will sell it for $360 including shipping within the 48 continental states. Very easy to put on your bike. I think a larger muffler would make it much quieter, but everyone else says it's a very quiet motor so maybe it's just me. Contact me through the forum or a 575 524 2404.

Attachments

• SmallDSCF5349.jpg
    SmallDSCF5349.jpg
    321.2 KB · Views: 636
  • SmallDSCF5345.jpg
    SmallDSCF5345.jpg
    351.8 KB · Views: 1,104
Engine is sold. I'm keeping the drive and going to a Honda GX35 engine.

You'll like the Honda engine...it's loud at first but quietens-down after about 100km.
Keep your external tank & swap it to the other side for balance.

From my experience, you'll also notice a big decrease in powrer going to the Honda compared to a 2.2 horse engine. I don't to much care for the Honda. If I had it to do over, I'd go with a Honda 50cc or Titan 50cc. My Honda GX35 has way less power with a 1" roller than my Harbor Freight 50cc using a 1.25" roller. I don't have to peddle at all with the HF engine. Not knocking Honda quality. I just don't like the little 35cc engine on my gike. Way to under powered.

Go with the titan! Great engine, not too loud and good power on my BMP friction drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back