Staton-Inc. closed?

GoblinAero

Local time
5:08 AM
I purchased a motor kit from them months ago. For the last 3 weeks I have called them and gotten nothing but a message saying that they are too busy, leave a message, and they'll call you during the evening. I have called them many, many, many times. I have also sent several emails and have not gotten return emails.

Does anyone have the inside scoop? Are they still OPEN? I'm having to consider calling the credit card company to get a refund on my credit card! This is driving me crazy. I really want to use their system. It seems like exactly what I need.

Has anyone been able to get through to them lately?

Does anyone know where to get a gear box like the one that Staton uses?

Jeff in Tucson

hey man there still open just busy. I ordered a kit 1 1/2 months ago too. I called today to check on mine and dave answered. Hopefully mine will be on its way soon he waiting for some parts to get plated. I feel your frustration though. Its starting to get cold.

i had sent an email on sunday and received an answer promtly monday morning, considering most members who deal with dave say it is best to phone him, as he is not to computer savy, i was impressed.

Bad business practice(ANY business) to eff customers around........if your incredibly busy hire more staff(even if it's only on a temp basis)
Loyalty counts.

wasn't that long ago
Station informed me that
they had A WHOLE LOT OF UNITS FOR SALE

wouldn't be a time to close the doors

the waiting is the hardest part with them
but - to remember a solid product
once received...

as fetor56 has stated --
makes one wonder why
Station does not hire some more help ???

Ride That Thing - Mountainman

Last edited:
I ordered and recieved a Staton inside drive kit within the last 3 weeks. Works great, I love it. That said, I started and have owned a small manufacturing company for the past 28 years and I know what its like to have bursts of sales. Hiring temporary help is more often than not more of a hinderance than a help. You have to train the person, takes time, watch them for awhile until they get the hang of the new job, takes even more time, then hope for the best. Then when everything seems to being going well they start making scrap, now your even farther behind then before you hired them. Been thru it to many times to count. Hang in there, Dave's product is worth the wait. Who would rather have machining and assembling your kit, the company owner or a temp.
Around hear we refere to the temps as, Rent-A-Drunks.

Much better now.

I called one more time and David answered!

He confirmed that he has been insanely busy. We talked about how our plan was to have him machine my half shaft and include it with my kit, but his new machining equipment ended up in further delay due to hurricane Ike.

We agreed that he would send my motor and kit to me without the machined shaft since I can have that done here in Tucson.

Dave knew exactly who I was and what my concerns were. He had my address right in front of him as we spoke on the phone. He verified that he would send my kit out to me today. Yes!

He also said that supplies of engines are running low and that he'll be getting another delivery Nov. 15th.

Ah, much better now.

I'm looking forward to seeing that new motor and gearbox... ha-ha! Yes!

Jeff in Tucson

I ordered a gear box and other misc parts from his website, got a confirmation same day, received the gear box and parts the following week. If the parts are in stock, they get shipped out the same day if available. I never had any issues with Dave, but with gas at $4 dollars a gallon, I am sure he is busy selling alot of bike kits!!

Back