Staton-inc. friction drive kit, with a 1-1/8 drive roller, for a 240 lb. rider?

Status
Not open for further replies.
theres nothing wrong w/ 2strokes motors

I thought the Tanaka dealer was either an idiot(knew nothing about Tanakas)or bought a shipment of Chinese motors and tried to sell me one. your bike is set up well for where you live. I live in the kc metro area, and w/ hurried/inattentive drivers all over, ive opted out the extra width of a trailer--I already fear being bumper bait enough. I don't change my oil very often, and w/ a water bottle filled w/ gas, I have 60+mi range, and can refuel anywhere. when the Honda dies, being over $350 w/ shipping now, I will look at all quality(I don't consider Chinese a quality motor) motors to replace it, maybe the Tanaka dealer will be a little more helpful next time. if anyone reading this has had a Chinese motor over 4 yrs w/o problems,, I would say you're an exception, not the rule(I've only replaced oil, clutches and bearings--anyone who rides any make has to do this too) I did disconnect the low oil sensor, but I don't think Honda designed it(oil sensor) to be used on a bike, its made for stationary machines. ride on:giggle:

Equipatron has the GX35 for $239 free shpg; that's the best price I've seen. I'll bet the 50's
cheaper too. I don't know who you spoke about the Tanaka; I got mine new in the box off
Ebay for more than a $100 less than any I've seen retailed. But I spent a year looking. My main
beef with a 4 stroke is if they get tilted too far for any reason you end up with a carb full of oil.
I'm very curious as to who you spoke to about the tanaka?(always on the lookout for idiots).
As to my trailer, ya it's set up so I can use it on a trail if I want. I tried a single wheel, but
either the ground clearance is too low,(bob), or the panniers get caught up in brush,(extra Wheel).
This one's the 4th trailer I've built and the biggest hassle was the hitch. It's lighter than a BOB,
no wider, has a detachable waterproof payload yet very strong. It makes a great hand cart I can
load on a bus after racking the bike. Without the tub, it'll haul a kayak.:D

Sean,
By way of as P.S., my trailer's a bit wider than a BOB, but not so wide as my shoulders.
Just the same, urban riding, with or without a trailer scares the Beegeezuz outa me.
I'm strictly a back roads kinda guy.:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back