Staton-Inc Morok Kit

sadarahu

Local time
12:36 PM
I wonder how many of you have purchased this motor kit from STATON-INC and what are your opinions. I bought mine about 6-7 months ago and I'm having lots of issues with the motor. Talked to the seller and they refused to take care of any warranty issues with the motor sending me to Honda. My motor was at the shop already twice and I still cannot use it.

First problem with the carburator. They replaced it (although I had to pay $15 shipping fee). I was hoping all is fine.
Now after this my oil is getting dark grey after 10-15 miles and the engine looses power. I replaced the oil twice and the same thing happens. The shop says that Honda will not cover warranty repair because the motor was used on a bike and it is not approved or certified to use on a bicycle.
They claim this motor is not strong enough to power one person bike. I wonder how many people use it without issues ?
I'm in Illinois and all repair shops are total crap. Most shops have no skills or they do not do warranty repairs (although they are listed by Honda). All this Honda experience is a total disaster for me. Since November 2017 I used this bike and the motor for about 30hrs ride and my motor was useless for most of the summer because I could not even find a shop to fix it. Finally the last one claims they would have to charge me...
If the rigns on a pistons are damaged or something similar, then repair cost would probably exceed the cost of the motor (which I found to be around $240). One of the shops I was hoping to use in the past asked me to pay $120 for the car replacement (while the new one costs about $35-45.

Anyway, I would like to find answers to some questions:

- how many of you is using this setup successfully for more than 1-2 years ?
- does the motor warranty cover everything 100% ?
- what's is a god reliable shop to do warranty repairs (around Chicago) ?

To be honest, to save my time and frustration I would love to exchange this motor with another one (as this one was made in Thailand and I learned those used to have some issues, althouigh not sure what kind).

When I tried to contact HONDA I got a person who was actually not a Honda employee but US rep for the company. This rep works for completely different company (representing Honda) but it is not Honda. Any ideas how to contact proper department directly in Honda Corp. ?

Thank you
ARTHUR

Sounds like you got a lemon. Most Honda GX35 engines are very reliable and work fine for propelling a person on a bicycle. They are however made in Thailand though. A better four stroke is the Subaru Robin EH035 if you can find one. They are made in Japan. Be prepared to pay a pretty penny for one though because they don't make them anymore. Also beaware of china clones of both engines. They are not the same.

I'd say get into it yourself, and there's a lot of GX35 videos on youtube and various DIY forums. sounds like it could be bad rings but you'd have to take the head off to see. replacing those is not super hard. you don't want to spin wrenches I take it?

I'd say get into it yourself, and there's a lot of GX35 videos on youtube and various DIY forums. sounds like it could be bad rings but you'd have to take the head off to see. replacing those is not super hard. you don't want to spin wrenches I take it?
There is no head on a GX 35 and 50. It is a one piece cylinder.

What is a MORAK kit? What motor do you have? We're assuming you have a GX 35cc.

Ok, today I received a call from repair shop. They stated the motor is not covered by warranty because it cannot be used on a bike with 150LB person. They said repair woudl cost me about 12 work + parts which would cost more than a motor itself. I failed official complain on Honda to BBB.
In the meantime I wonder what options I have. I would also like to know how many people using this type of setup and possibly how many have had issues. All this was the worst experience ever.

darwin - yes I have Hona GX-35 (Thailand version). So far I was not even able to find any contact information on-line for Honda small motor customer support.

Those Hondas are pretty reliable motors and many have made good use of them. Weird you got 1 lemon out of a bushel. If it were me I'd buy a HS 38cc to replace it with and sell your honda for parts on here in the FS section. The HS is a good motor for the price plus it's bigger than the honda by a few cc's. Gasbike, bicycle-engine.com. A few of those sites sell the 38cc for about $130 or so. Good luck and enjoy your ride...…...what is a MOROK kit? Friction drive?

You got a lemon. Most Honda GX35's are very reliable. I had one and it ran flawlessly on a motorbicycle. You might wanna try contacting Staton Inc again and see if you can upgrade to the Subaru EH035 made in Japan engine. He might take the Honda back and deal with the MFG. himself if you upgrade. I would stay away though from the HS 38cc China Clone of the Honda GX35.

HS 138f is not a gx 35cc clone as far as I know. Bonefish do you have any personal experience with this motor? The 144f is a great motor for the price.

I owned this......
silver-eagle-engine.png

This is a Honda GX35 clone that is 38cc's. It was run for about 1 hour, it didn't start right up like a real one. I sold it. Darwin, have you ever owned a real Honda GX35 or a Subaru Robin EH035? There is a difference.

Back