USA Staton-Inc Reviews

Anton

Administrator
Staff member
Local time
1:37 AM
motorized-bicycle-oklahoma-stanton-inc.jpg

Staton-Inc. has been a leader in the manufacture and sale of motorized bicycles since 1984. Stanton-Inc is an motorized bicycle dealer in Oklahoma.

Products: Engine kits, parts
Location: 3310 S. Brunson Street, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, USA, 73119

Last edited:
I ordered my chain kit over the phone. The kit arrived at my garage 4 days later. I agree with every body about the quality of the kit. I voted excellent:cool:

i vote excellent, if you're following my build thread you would see that i bought a second hand gear box and mount setup.

being arranged for a previous application i had an issue with the clutch drum, when i called David he identified the part, recommended the replacement, provided extra "c" clips to space it properly and gave me valuable advise about getting the drive gear off and back on.

16T output sprockets were out of stock so David suggested an adaptor and freewheel 16T so i'd have the parts i needed to get going.

all on the phone, when i called to check on shipping of my original online order that would have come as ordered but incorrect due to my ignorance.

shipped the same afternoon and arrived on Friday, 4 days ahead of UPS's own estimated dilivery date of Monday. i still don't know how he did that.

thank you David,

steve

I bought my first kit from Staton-Inc. I'm very glad I did. I've had no problems with the kit which are not directly attributable to my riding style. I would have vote Excellent, but for the interaction (e-mail) when I bought a replacement roller. David asked if I wanted it shipped USPS instead of UPS. There was about a $20 difference (USPS was cheaper and faster here). I told him I would like it USPS, and thanked him for his service. The part was shipped UPS. He did try to provide excellent customer service. Just didn't quite get it done.

I ordered a Nuvinci kit (minus engine) from Staton by phone.It arrived promptly and in good order.The Mammoth wheel complete with the NV hub I ordered also has the kinked spoke syndrome SirJakesus mentioned,but I have had no spoke problems. I ride rather sedately and don't go off-roading.The NV torque bars Staton supplies fit well on the axle but are difficult to install (requires a smithy).I think a redesign is in order.I attempted to keep my front deraileur functional,but that was only a limited success.Only by increasing the chain tension considerably was I able to keep the chain from skipping.Staton does not state in their literature that this is possible.It probably did not occur to David that anybody could conceive of such a thing.Otherwise the drive works quite well.

Friction kit w/Robin engine, ordered during the past summer, shipped to my door for $389 w/nice kill switch, dual support brackets, factory gas tank.

The kit (and engine) are bullet-proof, bugs worked out, bolt it on and go. In a world where often every attempt is made to cut corners or scrimp, it's great to find a product designed and built to stand up.

Customer service can be a little trying, considering that I rated 'above average' but the kit itself deserves an excellent rating,

Staton

There is a Staton part or two on all my bikes. I have bought 2 NuVinci hubs, a Mit 43, 2 gearboxes, several sprockets, adapters, & chain drive parts that nobody else carries. I stole my jackshaft design from his Giant Stilleto kit... (Tanks DAVID) He Don no liking the cheap Chinese kits. You will pay a little more for his chain drive components, but they all fit the way they are supposed to. He is the only person that I know of that truly makes & sells USA original components. I have a lot of respect for him.

I bought a Stanton Honda 35 friction drive in December, 2007 and I am very pleased with the product and the service. One of the bearings on the roller failed after about two months and Dave Stanton replaced it quickly and with an apology. (It was the first problem with the Chinese bearings, the only part that came from China.)
Excellent products and service.

I just turned over 200 miles on an inside drive kit I purchased from Dave Staton. Its my first kit on a bike and chose Staton after reading reviews here. I decided I wanted a 4 stroke, chain drive kit so there was never anything to engage/disengage on the fly, but I didn't know which engine or sprocket to order. After talking to Dave on the phone and answering his questions about my riding area, intended use, bike, and the top speed I was looking for he reccomended the Robin 035. I could not me happier with the combination. I told him 25 mph would be fast enough for me, and it tops out at 25.5 on level ground. He said I wouldn't even need to pedal when I started out, and I don't have to. But I do, just to save wear on the clutch. I also ordered a new wheel all laced up to their hub, and that made it a nice quick install. I have owned a machine shop for 29 years and I can see when someone takes pride in there work, I can tell you that Staton Inc. DEFINETLY takes pride in there products. I rated them excellent.:D

I've bought front and rear friction drives, a gear chain box plus oodles of parts. Dave is a nice guy, ships quickly but his UPS shipping charges absolutely kill the deals.

2 Staton kits ordered and installed.

I've built 2 bikes using Staton kits, one friction drive-EH035 Robin, and one chain drive-EH035 Robin. Both arrived in a timely manner and fit to the bikes easily with no problems. I subsequently modified the chain kit slightly because I'm a tinkerer and can't help myself. I would recommend the friction drive kit to anyone it is so easy to install. The chain drive kit requires a little skill with tools and some minimum mechanical ability to install. I have put over 3,000 on the chain drive equipped bike until I sold it, and over 2,000 miles on the friction drive bike and could not be more satisfied.

Back