USA Staton-Inc Reviews

Anton

Administrator
Staff member
Local time
2:24 PM
motorized-bicycle-oklahoma-stanton-inc.jpg

Staton-Inc. has been a leader in the manufacture and sale of motorized bicycles since 1984. Stanton-Inc is an motorized bicycle dealer in Oklahoma.

Products: Engine kits, parts
Location: 3310 S. Brunson Street, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, USA, 73119

Last edited:
:unsure:I have used Staton 1.125", 1.375" and 1.5" rollers in BMP friction drive kits. Since BMP only has 1", 1.25" and rubber 1.5" rollers for their kits, the Staton rollers provides other sizes that are very useful.

I have the FDR-427 Mitsubishi TLE43 42.7cc 2-stroke kit with the 1.50" roller and the power is amazing. The engine is extremely quiet and my mileage is exceptional. I can cruise comfortably at 40 MPH all day long. It can actually go faster but I don't want to bring unwanted attention to myself if you know what I mean.

I bought a friction drive to go witn a 32cc 4 stroke engine I recently purchased the shipping was very fast the workmanship of the product is noticeably American made strong...the courtesy over the phone and information given was great...I worked call centers about 6 years and drove a transit bus 11 I have to say his customer skills are way above average...the web site is easy to order from informative as well leaves no room for guessing what you need to do what you need to do. The product was packed well and arrived very fast. I gave an excellant rating due to all these factors. (Plus I like Oklahoma)

Axle mount

O.K. I've waited until about 500 miles to post a review.

When I first installed the axle mount I thought the gear noise was going to drive me crazy! Staton said it would take a few hundred miles to break in gear box and become quieter. They were right. I now love it!! I can still hear the gearbox, but it is not loud anymore.

No slip of a friction drive and there is virtually no drag when coasting.

My only complaint is the C- directions that come with the kit. There was good written instruction, but no pictures or diagrams. I am pretty handy and I was able to "figure it out". Staton needs to take a lesson from SBP on how to do instructions.

All in all, I would recommend the kit to all my friends, and help them install it....

When my 1.5" knurled roller became almost smooth after 5 years of riding and the clutch drum finally cracked on my original Staton Friction mount kit, I thought it was finally time that I got an upgrade. They had a cyber Monday sale I couldn't pass up so I quickly placed an order. The kit arrived in two days! The build quality was still excellent and the dual support bars made the friction drive kit feel more stable. The brand new 1.5" roller made my Tanaka PF-4000 a speed demon which easily kept up with the cars in a 40 MPH zone. Thank You Staton for keeping this repeat customer completely satisfied.

Dave Staton provided the Subaru EH035. gearbox, supplemental take-off gears,, chain, extra chain, free-wheel drive sprocket, collars, etc., that is on the Meteor. When the engine arrived it had a broken choke enclosure. I called Dave and he asked if the carton was damaged and I told him ,'No.' Several days later UPS brought all new parts. New invoice read, Price Adjustment for Parts Damaged in Transit $35.00...PAID IN FULL. I will certainly order from Dave Staton again, and again.

Staton-inc review

Product Purchased: Crank Shift Kit Complete with Robin Subaru EH035

• Before ordering, I checked with Staton re shipping cost and kit availability, he quoted a shipping cost and didn't indicate there were any issues with availability.

• Order was placed on 19th of December.

• Sent an email shortly after just asking if he could provide an indication of how much lead time would be required to prepare the order for shipping, never received a reply.

• New Year rolls around and I haven't heard anything, sent email on 5th of January asking for order update never received a reply.

• On the 16th of January I sent another email asking for order update, he did reply a few days later and the order was shipped on the 20th of January.

There was a discrepancy between the shipping cost provided by the website and what staton quoted me, to his credit he refunded the difference without me saying anything about it.

Over all I'm very happy with the components themselves:

• gearbox is great and mine is not that loud.

• engine is great.

• Can't comment on the mounting components as I went a different way with my installation.

• I had issues with the crank component but now that its resolved I am not unhappy with it but not 100% satisfied either, the machined pieces are however beautiful. I have no issues with the design of the component I truly believe I just got unlucky. What happened was that there was about 4mm wobble on the engine driven sprocket when measured from the top. It turned out to be some dirt or welding slag was present when the bearing was pressed in so the bearing didn't seat properly, once I pressed it out cleaned it all up and pressed it back in the wobble was not perfect but quite minimal and has not caused any issues. I don't think this is supposed to be a user serviceable part but in my case I had no choice because it wasn't shipped in a serviceable state. Somebody less mechanically inclined would have had to send it back.

Overall I'm happy, my bike would not have turned out as well as it did without the staton crank kit, I don't regret ordering from Staton, it was worth it. I'm sure Dave is a very busy guy but being a first time customer his lack of communication made me very nervous after I handed over, what is for me, a significant amount of money. There is no doubt that this was the most stressful online purchase I have ever made. When he did get back to me he stayed true to his word and did exactly what he indicated he would do. If he had told me upfront it would be a month before he could ship I would have understood, especially over the holiday period and I'm very aware of the challenges in operating a small business. Because a significant amount of money was involved with the transaction and because I had to waste time resolving an issue with the crank component I'm going to have to vote below average.

I've bought 2 FD kits and one RS35 motor from Staton and they're top notch in the QA dept, in my opinion the best. You need to ask the proper ?s to get the right answers because chit chat is not a high priority with the sales staff. They do what they say and stand behind their products. Not the cheapest out there but you get what you pay for and thats a quality product that you can rely on. I will order from them again with confidence that my money is well spent.

I ordered a trike kit with a Robin Suburu engine. When I installed the kit I found the chain was about half as long as it needed to be for the specific bike, and the throttle cable was totally inoperative. I contacted the company, explained my problems. I was told the defective parts would be shipped. After several follow ups and the passage of a year, nothing has been done to date to correct the problem. I purchased a new chain and throttle separately and pitched the unuseable ones. With the exception of these items, the kit is much better than the service I received.

Back