USA Staton-Inc Reviews

Anton

Administrator
Staff member
Local time
12:21 AM
motorized-bicycle-oklahoma-stanton-inc.jpg

Staton-Inc. has been a leader in the manufacture and sale of motorized bicycles since 1984. Stanton-Inc is an motorized bicycle dealer in Oklahoma.

Products: Engine kits, parts
Location: 3310 S. Brunson Street, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, USA, 73119

Last edited:
I've had mixed experiences with Staton, Inc. Some good :D, some bad :(.

In 2011 I purchased a new "axle mounted gear and chain drive kit" from Staton-inc.com, which used a Robin-Subaru EH035. The kit came with a pre-built rear wheel, but the small sprocket on the gear reduction box didn't correctly align with the large 60T sprocket on the left side freewheel. It took weeks of e-mails and verbal wrangling over the phone with David Staton to convince him of this. He simple did not believe it. At one point over the phone and he unkindly resorted to putting me down personally. This was unprovoked. :mad:

I finally resorted to grinding the frame on my bike (the left chain stay) so that the engine chain would fit, and flipping the left freewheel over, and also asking Staton for a new angle bracket with new slots machined a quarter inch farther to the outside. To his credit, Staton machined me a brand new angle bracket without charging me a dime, and he also charged nothing for the shipping, but it took a lot of time, effort, and diplomatic negotiations on my part. It was a hard-won battle to make things work, and quite trying. :cry:

After two months I finally got the kit running. But the EH035 died on me after about 18 months of hard use, and I then bought a new Honda GX35 (on Staton-inc.com) for the same kit. Then the original gear reduction box seized up. If I supposed to open up gear box, clean out the old grease somehow, and add new grease, I wasn't informed as much. I simply bought a new gear box to replace the old one. :confused:

But then the Honda GX35 died on me after only about 4 months of use -- it lost power on a very hot summer day (above 95 degrees F) while riding 40 miles to the beach, and engine oil also started dripping from the cooling fins from that day onwards. But this was perhaps due to the extreme heat that one day. I'm not sure, though. In the future I won't ride for more than 10 miles at a time when the temps are above 95 degrees F. And yes, I always kept on top of oil and filter changes.

All this being said, I truly enjoyed riding my Staton-inc kit, and I've gone on some long journeys. It provided me with a sense of geographical freedom and a sense of pride. :D

But, generally speaking, I find David Staton's quality of customer service to be lacking. That has been my personal experience, and when I state "generally speaking", I leave the door open to exceptions. For example, I have also experienced good customer service.

More recently, on 6/3/14 I spent $744 on Staton-inc.com for a number of items, including a new axle mounted kit with a new Honda GX35. I did receive an e-mailed itemized receipt that same day, but as of today, 6/18 (which is 15 calendars days & 10 business days later), I have not yet received an e-mailed tracking #. :confused:

In the past, I have never had to wait this long from Staton for a tracking #. I want to give Staton the benefit of the doubt, as he may be swamped with orders this time of year. But it's generally not good customer service to take a customer's money (I paid with a debit card, and the money was electronically taken from my checking two weeks ago) and then leave the customer waiting indefinitely in the dark week after week. :mad:

So, on Friday, 6/13, I e-mailed Staton to ask when he expected to ship my order, and he replied that he expexted to ship on "6/16" (which was two days ago). But as of 2pm today, 6/18, still no tracking #. So I e-mailed Staton again today and politely asked for a tracking # for the shipment of my order. Then I stopped by my local bank branch and spoke in person with the branch manager (the bank which issued me my debit card). The branch manager suggested I wait until Monday, 6/23, to see if Staton e-mails me a tracking #. If he does not, the branch manager told me today that she'd call Staton on Monday about possible fraud. And if Staton doesn't ship I could get my money back.

I really am a nice guy, and I really do try to give everyone the benefit of the doubt. But sometimes you gotta take a hard stand with some people, you know? :geek:

I ordered a Honda GX35 from them.

• Received an order confirmation after few days (not over the weekend)
  • Received a tracking number almost a week after ordering
  • Shipping took almost two weeks

Back