staton inside drive?

hheltzer

Local time
8:13 AM
what do u think of this kit? the staton inside drive, chain drive, robin subru 33.5 cc, 1.60 hp motor? do u think this is a good set up or no? will i be fine with it beacuse i ordered it and i was wonderign if i should go with the staton frction instead or the gebe belt drive.? which 1 should i go with? advantages? disadvantaes? thanls

There is a ton of info in the search archives about all of the drives you mentioned......and they are all good. Remember, most will recommend and defend what they already own.
Since you seem to be indicating you've already ordered the Staton, go with it.
It's a great drive, often referred to as bulletproof, and the EHO35 is one of the top reliable engines available. Many would go that route if they could afford it.

All three of the kits in your post are Top Quality...
You can't go wrong there !!!
Have a good build...

Me to

I just ordered the inside drive with the Honda 50. Being a heavy rider I felt the need for the larger engine. I also ordered a PTO shaft to hopefully power a generator.
I researched my choice almost to death. And think we made a great choice. Time will tell.

Bob C.

You ordered 1 of the cadillac kits out there, you will be pleased with it. Kits dont come much better than a staton kit.

Thats a good choice

The inside drive really looks nice.
and what can you say about honda quality.....
first class all the way !!!
have a fun !!!!! build.........

I just ordered the inside drive with the Honda 50. Being a heavy rider I felt the need for the larger engine. I also ordered a PTO shaft to hopefully power a generator.
I researched my choice almost to death. And think we made a great choice. Time will tell.

Bob C.

Bob, won't the PTO shaft be in the way of the 78mm clutch/bellhousing AND the Staton gearbox?:geek:

PTO shaft

It only added a bit of $$$ to the kit (not at my doorstep yet), but my understanding is I can put a gear or belt pully on it and mount a devise ( hopefully a generator) and mount it above the gearbox. The biggest limitation other than variable rpm with the engine revs is that when you come to a stop so does the pto. I think right now I will look into the technology of wind generators on boats. That technology seems to cover all the bases, and rely on a battery to power the accessories. The generator to be used only to "top off" the battery while the MB is in motion.

Last edited:
I think I get IT!

OK, are you referring to the intermediate shaft on the Staton gearbox? It turns at 5:1, and will be located midway and inside drive.:unsure:

FWIW, every 18.75:1 Staton gearbox can be retrofitted with this PTO shaft by ordering the gear and bearing and drilling a hole through the gearbox.:geek:

Pto continues

Yea, that sounds about right. In the boatbuilding arena if what we want is not available we just modify or build what we need. I can't wait to get the kit and start building.
I was talkin to someone about the boat wind generator and they said why bother mechanizing it, just mount it on the rack as it is and people will think you have an air bike! At 30 mph it should charge just fine. Ha Ha Ha

I'll bet a bunch of people would ask.

Back