Staton Install Help

Above advice is critical, those inside nuts on the long bolt hold the channel adjusted where you want it over the wheel from left to right. Those nuts go on the long bolt inside the U but out side the black channel. Keeps the channel from shifting and should be tight.

Above advice is critical, those inside nuts on the long bolt hold the channel adjusted where you want it over the wheel from left to right. Those nuts go on the long bolt inside the U but out side the black channel. Keeps the channel from shifting and should be tight.
Yeah for sure. One of those pictures were just me dry fitting everything. Do you know why the spindle is spinning at idle? That's not normal right?

Attachments

• 20200814_172935.jpg
    20200814_172935.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 180
Is it spinning 2000 rpms or just 3 rpms due to vibration?

Is it spinning 2000 rpms or just 3 rpms due to vibration?
I fired up the engine to get fluids running through it. When I peeked at the spindle, it seems to be spinning full speed lol. Throttle seems to be working fine, so not sure whats going on.

With the motor off, raise the channel off the tire then spin the roller by hand. It should spin freely w/o any rubbing/resistance. If it does your idle is too high or the springs are engaging way too early.

With the motor off, raise the channel off the tire then spin the roller by hand. It should spin freely w/o any rubbing/resistance. If it does your idle is too high or the springs are engaging way too early.
Okay I checked and it spins freely just fine.

If needed, I can always upload a quick video. If that would help at all.

Make sure too that that throttle cable isn't affecting it at all. Cable ends should be fitted all the way into the cable barrels on both ends, the adjustment barrel on the carb and on the throttle trigger. Cable bends should be in wide loops not like a 90deg bend. Make sure the fuel pivot/butterfly where the cable attaches on top of the carb is moving all the way forward and back and is resting on the black plastic adjustment screw when at rest..

Back