Staton Kit Help

Solux

Local time
3:11 PM
Hey guys, so I got my build put together yesterday and was stoked to go for a ride. But have two issues.

One: Engine idle seems high. Spindle isn't suppose to be just freely spinning like that at idle should it? How can I fix this issue?

Two: Kill switch doesn't work. I have it connected properly, even stripped and exposed more wire so see if it was a poor connection.

So any help would be greatly appreciated. I uploaded a video so maybe you guys can throw some ideas my way!

I'm so close to getting this thing on the road it's killing me! I want to be in the elements! Thanks!

yes, that is WAYY too fast. id check to see if your cable is returning all the way, as it sounds like its wide open.

for the kill switch, check to see if the conncection to the coil is good, as most of the time the connection is really loose and doesnt work.

if not, your kill-switch might be defective. id try killing it manually by putting the 2 wires together (please wear some heavy gloves, and getting shocked sucks) or use a good set of linesman pliers.

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
yes, that is WAYY too fast. id check to see if your cable is returning all the way, as it sounds like its wide open.

for the kill switch, check to see if the conncection to the coil is good, as most of the time the connection is really loose and doesnt work.

if not, your kill-switch might be defective. id try killing it manually by putting the 2 wires together (please wear some heavy gloves, and getting shocked sucks) or use a good set of linesman pliers.
In the video I show the little slide on the engine when I pull the throttle. It seems to be moving back and forth fine.
I noticed that the vibration from the engine made your kill switch slide on your handlebars. You need to tighten up the kill switch so it doesn't slide. There needs to be a metal to metal connection. Or you can just mount a kill switch on your engine. Which is what i prefer. https://www.ebay.com/itm/On-Off-Kil...079896?hash=item263a6e8958:g:ZsIAAOSwUi5es8-c
Yeah that's the one thing I didn't mount down yet, mainly because handlebar is to big. But just wanted to get a ride in. Will find a way to mount it securely soon.

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
I still think that the cable isn't letting it return all the way, try it without the cable and see if there's any diffrence.

If not, you can adjust the idle with a screw driver (next to the choke lever, going to be a small silver screw, turn it out to lower the idle)

I pulled the air filter cover off to get a better look.

Attachments

• 20200815_153418.jpg
    20200815_153418.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 234
  • 20200815_153430.jpg
    20200815_153430.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 220
I still think that the cable isn't letting it return all the way, try it without the cable and see if there's any diffrence.

If not, you can adjust the idle with a screw driver (next to the choke lever, going to be a small silver screw, turn it out to lower the idle)
Isn't that the idle screw to the right of the pulley there? Looks like it's not going back and resting on the screw.

How can I pop that cable out of the hole there? Maybe the lever cable isn't long enough to let the rev pulley to release all the way?

How can I pop that cable out of the hole there? Maybe the lever cable isn't long enough to let the rev pulley to release all the way?
Push the throttle in, and then get a mini flat head screwdriver and push the brass barrel out of the throttle assembly.

Is there just one wire coming out of your kill switch? If so, then it has to be tightened down to make a solid ground.

Keep your air filter off, and remove the cable from the carb. Start it up and watch how the throttle works, then you can adjust the idle and put cable back on.

Back