Staton Kit installation

sadarahu

Local time
12:36 AM
I just purchased new Staton Kit.

Honda GX35 + mount.
After first 30min ride I hear rattling sound when moving bike forward. When the roller is lifter and I move it by hand I can hear it as well. There is only one position (in 360 deg) when I hear the click, but when I move the bike with the roller down this sound is pretty annoying. When the roller is moving backwards no rattling sound. Any ideas ? Is this normal ?

From experience it sounds like something is rubbing inside the clutch bell. You'll need to remove the motor and see if there's any rub marks inside the bell. If so just use some thin washers to move the motor out a few .0001's and that should cure it.

OK, after riding another 2-3 hours the clicking sound is gone. I hope this was part of the engine-clutch breaking down. The metalic sound when the clutch engages is still present. I don't know if this also supposed to change over the time ?

although I'm kinda handy man and have some tech skill in other areas, I'm not a mechanic and never saw the clutch in a setup like this one. The motor came with the U-bracket and the roller already attached so I saw no reason to disassemble it. Since the rattling is gone I will wait a week to see if everything is OK. I contacted STATON INC and they said this happens and should go away (so it did).

Does anybody know what the avrage millage am I supposed to get from one tank ?

Art

I just purchased new Staton Kit.

Honda GX35 + mount.
After first 30min ride I hear rattling sound when moving bike forward. When the roller is lifter and I move it by hand I can hear it as well. There is only one position (in 360 deg) when I hear the click, but when I move the bike with the roller down this sound is pretty annoying. When the roller is moving backwards no rattling sound. Any ideas ? Is this normal ?

Sounds like it's one of the friction roller's bearings,
or the new clutch mating with the clutch drum.

It's happened to me.

I just let the clutch wear into the drum.
By day's end, the noise was gone.

If the noise doesn't go away,
You can try cleaning and lubing the bearings.

It's not an easy task, removing the friction roller and bearings.

Heck, once you've got the roller out, you could simply replace the bearings.

Last edited:
Back